Rin Matsuoka (Free!)

GreenR: BOOM BABY!! Who's done with the exams for now? ME! And that means I finally had the time to finish the Rin shot I was asked to do awhile ago.

Law: the reader who asked for it probably forgot all about it already. How long exactly did you take to write it?

GreenR: so sorry for the delay, truly. But I made it a little longer than usual, I hope it makes up for it, love.

Also I'd like to give a big virtual hug to everyone who read and commented on my stories while I was missing in action. These comments made my days and also made me feel guiltier than ever.

Law: please tell me you at least watched the anime this time for the shot?

GreenR: I watched about 80% but then my research paper date came up. Do you guys have to write research papers or is it a thing in only my school?

Anyways, nice readin'!!!!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Cinderella, are you sure this is what you want?" You crossed your arms as you confirmed it with the girl for the third time, as magic laws required. You were this girl's fairy godparent, and since it was her birthday you wanted to do something more special for her than sending a giftcard, and make one of her wishes come true.

It had been well-intended, until you found out what it was what she wished for. To go to a ball. Not getting away from her abusive stepmother, not helping her clean the whole house. But simply one night free at a ball.

You could see the wonder of it, since Cinderella was always working and slaving it away, the concept of a ball must have sounded wonderful. But at the same time you couldn't help but wonder if talking with mice and birds for years had finally driven poor dear cuckoo, as she wanted to go to exact same ball her stepmother and -sisters went to.

"Yes, it is my wish," she smiled brightly and even under all the grime and goo you could see she was not half-bad looking. You shrugged gently and pulled your magic wand out of your left boot.

"As you wish," and with a swish of the wand, a pumpkin in the corner of the garden rolled closer and started to grow and grow, until it was big enough to fit the young lady. You screwed some wheels under it, silently muttering that you were a fairy, not a damned carriage mechanic.

"Now for the horsepower,"you went to the mousetrap and fished out four little grey mice. Another swish turned the mice into good-looking horses, ready to offer their services.

"All done," you said after a small lizard had been turned to a coachman. "Oh," you said as you looked away from your handywork, upon your godchild.

"Oh indeed," she muttered, her hands holding on to the ragged skirts that smelled of rotten eggs and had a hint of a brown colour to them, although it had been buried under layers and layers of ash long time ago. "Do you think you could fix me up as well? Please?"

"Honey, that is no trouble," you turned her dress into a beautiful light green ballgown, on the way removing all the dirt from her skin and hair. Then you added a mask, thanking whatever deity it was up there that had convinced the king to throw a masquerade ball in honor of his son's birthday. It was definitely easier to keep Cinderella hidden that way.

Last touch to her looks were tiny glass slippers, since you did love a good story and as a fairy godparent, it was your job to turn people's lives into fairy tales. With happy endings of course. After all, it had been you, who had gotten Little Red Riding Hood's werewolf girlfriend out of the prison. That had been one of your best works.

"Glass," Cinderella cocked an eyebrow at you, intrigued. You shrugged and smiled helplessly in answer. "Thank you," she curtsied, as if to try how it was to walk on glass. Apparently the glass was comfy, because right after she did some dance steps in the garden. "Brilliant!" She cried out.