1.Mr.Rey

It had been a long day, I was hoping Thursday would end quickly or at least school to end quickly. I was literally begging the heavens for school to end to meet up with my best friend Susan. She was the typical crazy girl , a party maniac yet I was thankful to have her in my life. As school finally ended I walked in direction of our common meet up place; the courtyard. There she was waiting for me sitting on the concrete floor as if it was comfortable. "Susan !" I called out making her look up and stand up to greet me. She smiled and gave me a hug as if we hadn't seen each other for years. "Oh, how's my Kathy." She said jokingly. I released a soft chuckle and patted her shoulder making her laugh along. "I'm doing just great." I laughed. She gave me a small smile. "How's the car?" She asked. I sighed and sat at the concrete floor , she joined me and looked at me. "I have no idea if I can fix it. It barely made it to school today." I responded. She looked away and digged into her purse, she pulled out a small piece of paper and handed it to me. "Here you go !" She said cheerfully. I looked at her giving her a puzzled look. "What's this?" I asked confused. "Well I asked my dad if he knew any good mechanics and for your luck he said yes." She said. I smiled and hugged her. "He knows the mechanic ?" I asked curiously. She laughed. "No well its not like they're friends but he knows he's good at what he does." She answered. I smiled and got up in excitement. "This means I can go to the party !" I cried in victory. She stood and hugged me once more. "I wish I had my own car to pick you up, but my party will be waiting for you." She said with a grin in her face. "Can you give me a ride home ?" She asked me with the usual puppy eyes. "Obviously." I smiled.
As I finished dropping her off at her house I plugged in the address to the GPS , driving to my destination. Making one last turn I arrived at the mechanic's place. It wasn't a huge place but it looked decent. I noticed other cars parked outside, I assumed other people also needed assistance. I sighed thinking 'this might take a while.' I parked outside the gate and saw a sign glued onto the gated fence door; it read 'Ring the bell to be assisted.' I took a deep breathe and rang the bell. No response, I waited there but no one seemed to come assist me. So instead I began yelling. "Anyone there ?" I call out. "Yes." Someone suddenly said making me jump in terror, making him chuckle. "I'm sorry if I scared you." He said as he opened the gate. "It ok." My heart still beating fast thanks to the scare. "What is it that you need?" He asked. "My car." I said. He raised and eyebrow as if trying to comprehend. "What about it?" He asked. "Its been spilling oil and sometimes the engine doesn't start." I answered. "Is that your car?" He asked pointing at my car. I nodded. It may not seem like much but at the time it was the only car my alcoholic parents could afford. I always wondered why they bought me a car but I was thankful. "Can you fix it ?" I asked nervously. He looked at me and scratched his neck. "I can't guarantee anything but I'll work on it right now." He answered. I exhaled in relief. "I need the keys to test it out." He said extending his hands for me to give him the keys. I gave him a look. He smiled, "I'm not going to steal your car." I gave him one last look and handed him the keys. "Want to accompany me to make sure I don't steal your car." He teased. I blushed in embarrassment. "Yeah, sure." My embarrasment even more obvious. "Alright." He said as he opened the door for me. I got in the passenger's seat, as he took the wheel.
He drove around his shop, testing the gears , clutch and every pedal in the car. "Everything is working alright , even the ac , but the engine has a few details." He explained. "Is that bad?" I asked. "Not really , it happens quite often." He said comforting. He made one last turn and made a stop to open the car in order to take the car inside his working area. He came back and drove inside, stopping the car completely. He opened the hood of the car and began to check my car. "The oil filter is in no good shape." He said. "Is that fixable ?" I asked. "Yes." He said. He grabbed a tool and began his task. "Want to help?" He asked. I gave it a thought and got off the car and decided to help him. "Look I ain't gonna bother telling you the tool names right now , but I'll show you the inside of your car." He said. "This is the engine." He pointed towards it. "Then this is the oil filter." He said. "It looks ugly." I said childishly. He chuckled. "Yes , because its damaged." He explained. He began to remove it and suddenly some of the oil spilled on my shirt. I shrieked, I pulled my shirt and saw the big black stain. "Ah no!" I shrieked. He looked at me and chuckled. "Its ok, its just a stain." He said. "It's not just a stain." I snapped. "Sorry then." He said waving his hands in surrender. I sighed, "sorry its just a stain you're right." I said. He nodded. "Its fine, I'm use to it. This job always makes you dirty." He said. "You can wash it here if you want." He continued. "What would I wear afterwards?" I asked. "There's some clean t-shirts in the basket on top of the washing machine." He explained. "Where's the washing machine?" I questioned. "When you go inside that door which opens my house you'll turn right. There's the laundry room." He directed me. I nodded , I began to walk towards his house but then I stopped myself before going inside. 'Is it really alright for me to go inside his house?' I questioned myself. He must've seen my hesitation, because before I knew it he was already here opening the door for me. "Its ok, you can go in I won't do anything. I'll be out here." He reassured. "Well ok." I said as I gained the courage to go inside. I turned right as he instructed and immediately saw the laundry room. I looked through the basket to find a shirt of my liking, picking a white t-shirt. I began to remove my shirt leaving me in my white bra. I turned my head slightly and realized there was a window. I looked out and realized he was looking, I turned around and blushed in embarrassment. I put the T-shirt on and turned once more towards the window, he looked away and continued on the car. I put my blouse on the washing machine, applied some detergent and let the machine do its magic.
I walked out of the laundry room and opened the door to join him outside. He looked up to see me and gave me a small smile. "How's my car ?" I asked. He looked at me and scratched his neck, "it has to stay overnight." He said. My eyes opened wide, I turned away from his face and cursed under my breathe. "Seriously?" I asked. He simply nodded. "No! I have to go to a party tomorrow." I exclaimed. "I'm sorry but I can't do anything, it still needs more work. "No forgive me, I'm being childish." I said as I sat on the floor. He came closer and sat next to me. "I can take you home and to that party if you want." He said. I blushed at the thought of him taking me home and to my party. "You don't have to do such thing, I'm already bothering you with my car." I said. He looked at me and chuckled , "you do realize I'm a mechanic and this is my job right?" He joked. I giggled at my own stupidity. "But seriously I'll take you home and to the party." He said. "You sure?" I asked. He chuckled, "Yes little lady." He said. "Well if you insist." I said.

He drove me home and walked me to my door. "What time should I pick you up?" He asked. I bit my lip and said "around 6?" I said quite not sure myself. He looked down as he chuckled. "6:30 it is." He said. As he walked to his car. "Thanks!" I yelled a bit too loud making me blush and cover my face. As I looked at him he was smiling and waving goodbye. I waved back and went inside the house. Tomorrow shall be something.