FIVE

Landon

"You know how to drive?" I asked as I picked up one of the packages and placed it in a cars trunk.

"We have to Landon. Everyone here has to learn how to drive." He said as he did the same thing.

"Um, what if I d-"

"I'll show you, it's not hard-" he stood up and then looked at me with a blank face. "Yeah, it might be hard." Then he went back to grabbing another package.

"Fûck you too." I whispered. I got the last package and placed it in the already full truck and closed the trunk. I walked towards the passenger side and climbed in. It's still like five in the morning. The sky is still dark. "So this is what you guys do on a regular basis?" I asked as I closed the door and put on the seat belt.

"Pretty much." He started the car and turned on the headlights and pulled out his phone, and set the gps. I on the other hand, reached over to the radio, and turned it on. I put the volume on low, and music started to play softly. I leaned back in my chair as the car started to move, and looked out of the window.

We were in like a warehouse, were men lined up to guard the whole thing, and inside was filled with packages. They were all individually wrapped in plastic wrap. So, Jaxon started to drive away from the warehouse as I looked at the open field, where this laid at.

"Do you know why Boss always wants things done early? I mean, five in the morning?! What the hell?"

"I don't know, I heard him say, it's for the real world? I don't know, I just think it's stupid but I can't really have a say in it, well, us."

"Huh. Hey, Jaxon. I have a question for you." I turned my body towards him as we continued to drive down the dirt road.

"Okay? What-"

"When's your birthday and how old are you?" I saw his face pale slightly and his hand grip the steering wheel tighter.

"Why?" He said harshly.

"If we are going to be friends. I need to know this so I can like plan months ahead on gifts because I'm fûckin horrible at that."

He looked at me through the corner of his eyes for awhile till he looked back to the road."what's yours first."

"Oh. December 15." I smiled.

I saw his shoulder slowly relax and so did his hands. "December forth."

"No way! No fûckin way! December! Are you lying to me?" I said as my smile grew.

"No, I'm not lying." He chucked.

"Well shît! Now I don't have to stress about it. It's the same month as mine." I laid back into the seat and rested my head on the window.  We would talk here and then but other than that, the car would be quiet.

The drive took the longest. I mean, it felt like we were fûckin driving towards another fûckin state across the fûckin country!

It was 12pm and we finally made it.

We pulled up our hoodies and locked the doors. It was the same thing. A warehouse. Honestly, all I'm thinking about gangs now, are guns, packages and warehouses. That's it.

A group of guys started to walk towards the car, and I held the door handle tight. We had the car off as we waited. Boss told us that we just have to turn off the car and pop open the trunk. He'll deal with collecting the money. All we had to do is deliver and flee.

So, we waited as they took their time as they walked towards us. My heart was pounding and my breath was hard. Jaxon was almost the same, but he was keeping calm. Better than me.

When they finally made it to the car, that's when Jaxon popped open the trunk and we couldn't see them anymore. "Fûck man. I feel like something bad is going to happen." I whispered as I stared at the rear view mirror.

"I thought I was the only one." He whispered back. The car would move since the weight of the packages were getting taken out. I would take slow breaths in but they would still come out harsh.

We then were finally done, we waited for them to close the trunks. But I knew something was wrong. I slowly turned my head towards my right and that's when I saw more men coming out, but they had guns. I saw one aiming towards us and that's when my eyes grew wide and I threw myself down as I grabbed Jaxon and pulled him down too.

Right when I did that, a bullet flew through mine, then to Jaxons window. The trunk closed and bullets were coming through the back.

My grip on Jaxons shirt was tight but, Jaxon started to reach over and turn on the car. Once the engine was on, I put the car in drive, and that's when Jaxon stepped on the gas. We still had our head down, so Jaxon was driving where ever.

Bullets still hit the car and we heard them yelling. When it was just two or one bullets hitting the car, me and Jaxon peaked up and he got the car under control, and I looked behind us and saw the warehouse no where in sight.

Glass was everywhere. Mine and Jaxons were destroyed even the back windows. I looked back in the front and checked myself. When I saw no bullet holes, I smiled. I looked to Jaxon to see if he had any, but we were both good.

There were glass stuck in our arms, and face, but I'll take glass over a bullet any day.

I started to pull the glass pieces out and throw them out. I felt the pain in my face, so my hand went there and felt the glass. I pulled them out fast and hissed slightly. When I was done, I grabbed Jaxons arm, and started to do the same.

When I was down with that one, he told me to hold the steering wheel. So I did, and watched where we were going. When I started to see road ahead, I drove straight. When I saw his hand grab the wheel, and that's when I let go. I looked towards him and see his other arm with out glass, but his face still had some.

So, I grabbed the ones on his right side and he grabbed the ones on his left.

He drove us on the road and that's when I slumped onto the chair and sighed. I closed my eyes and took in slow breaths. I ran a hand through my hair and pulled but felt little glass pieces in it. So I shook my head and they flew out.

I guess Jaxon felt some too, so he did the same. I opened my eyes and looked at him, he looked towards me and gave me a small smile, "want to go eat?"

*******

My babies. <3

Their first delivery went hectic.

*shrugs* oh well ;)

Book IG: friesbeforeguy101

Anyway see you guys soon!!
SS

Anyway see you guys soon!!SS