TWENTY-EIGHT

Landon

I stared at people from inside ran away or some stayed and checked the woman out. I looked over to Jaxon and see him staring at the lady but with a blank face and with the gun still pointing. He looked normal, like he just didn't pale and maybe killed her child or even might just kill her. He looked over to me and said, "let's go, they're getting away." He quickly tucked the gun behind his pants and ran where the twin guys did.

I was so confused and scared at the same time but I got up and starting running towards Jaxon. I don't know what's wrong with him, has he shot a pregnant woman before? Is that why he's so cool with this?

Jaxon was sprints so fast I was having trouble catching up with him. Damn bagels.

He would run in and out from the alleys and I'm surprised he even knows where these guys are going, I don't even see them myself so I'm just going to follow him and hope for the best.

We ran for what seemed like forever but he just stopped randomly causing me to bump into his back. "What the-"

"Landon shut up and listen," He said as he pushed me back. I was catching my breath as I was trying to listen but all I was hearing was my heavy breathing. I had to cover my mouth to understand what he was talking about and I heard the ting whispers but Is want sure if it was those men that ran. I looked at Jaxon, "are you even sure that's them?" He looked over his shoulder, "why would they be whispering if it wasn't?"

I looked to where the whispering was coming from and it was from further down the alley, "hey, wouldn't they see us? Or hear us?" I said lowering my voice because I was actually afraid they might hear us.

If it was actually them.

"Oh well." He said and followed he whispers as he held his gun out in front of him. He walked so easily like he just didn't kill anyone, and like he's not going to kill anyone right now. The whispers continued but I was afraid it wasn't them, why would they stand here and just whisper?

"Jaxon-"

"Shh!" He said harshly at me and walked faster. I caught up with him with my mouth shut close and held the gun lower at my waist. The whispers grew louder and we both knew they had to be close.

I walked beside Jaxon as we walked further in this damn alley, always has to be in a fûckin alley, as I was shaking in my shoes. We came around a garbage can and the sound of Jaxons going off scared me and flinched so my finger pulled the trigger not even knowing what I'm shooting at.

When I was out of bullets I took a step back and stared in horror at what I've done. I killed two homeless people. I killed the wrong guys. I looked at Jaxon, "I want to leave. I want to get out of this gang. I want to go home." I said with tears in my eyes. He looked at me with a blank face and said: "let's go, we have to tell Boss."

*****

We walked into the house and ignored the men that were trying to pull us aside to ask what happened or simply just have a drink with them, but we quickly walked up the stairs and to the oak wood doors and knocked till we heard it was okay to walk in. When I heard him say come in, I didn't wait. I quickly walked in and placed my hand on the desk and said, "I want out."

Boss looked up at me with a cigar in his mouth as he has his hands crossed behind his head as he leans back in his chair. He has his eyebrow raised but he didn't say anything only inhaled and exhaled his cigar. He looks over to Jaxon and I hear him walking towards us but I slam my hand on the desk as I try so hard to push back the tears. "Did you not hear me!? I want out!"

"Are they gone or what?" He said to Jaxon as he ignores me. Jaxon sits down on the seat and leans back as he combs his hair with his fingers. "No, I lost them when I shot a woman by accident."

He looks back to me, "Why are you freaking out? Did you kill her too?"

"I killed two people!" now the tears are flowing down my cheeks, "I killed these two homeless people thinking it was these damn me! I had a gut feeling about it but I didn't follow it because I thought I was going to be another these guys left! But no! I want out!"

"So, They're still out there?" he turned to Jaxon and Jaxon only nodded as he looked down and played with his hands.

"Why are you ignoring me?!"

"You really think I'm going to let you leave?"He laughed as placed his cigar on the ashtray next to his computer. "The only way to leave this group is if you end up dead, and lucky for you, you cheated out death pretty good. So, you're staying here for awhile till you end up six feet underground." He smiled. I was mad, I was angry. When I ran away, I ran away to be free, to find myself. Not end up in another prison. This is all a fûckin joke! Honestly! Gangs, killing, drugs!? What is this?

I gave him a tight smile but grabbed the cigar that he placed down and leaned over the desk and placed the burning ashes on his skin and held it there. It was next to his jaw and neck and I don't know why but it felt good hearing his yell in pain as his hand tried to pull my hand away from his skin but I only pushed it harder in his skin.

I got on top of the desk and went to the other side and pulled my hand back, his hands went straight to the raw skin as he somewhat yelled in pain, but I went in. I threw a punch to his face and it just felt good when my fist made contact with his skin, so I continued throwing punches.

I felt my shirt getting pulled back but I wanted him to know I wanted to leave and I wasn't going to die to leave this place, but when I heard the door open and I heard yelling I knew I wasn't going to leave here without any marks.

Oh brother.

*******

Book IG: friesbeforeguy101

Anyway see you guys soon..