TWELVE

Landon

"Ah crap. Ah crap." I looked away and I felt my cheeks turn red.

"You just made it so obvious." Jaxon laughed. I looked up and glared at him.

"Shut it." I looked back over my shoulder and I see her laughing with the group of girls. I looked back and placed my head down on the table. "Get your gun and shoot me." I murmured.

"You made it awkward man. What did you even do? Look at her?" He chuckled.

"Yes. I looked at her. I gave her a smile and looked back here because I felt my cheeks grow hot. And when I looked back she was laughing with her two friends right now. Can't you see?!" I said as I looked up to him but I still had my head on the table.

He smiles and looks towards them. "Yeah, they're still laughing. And oh, she got a man." He said as he took a bite out of his burger.

"What?!" My head shot up and I looked over to her and I see her kissing a guy that just sat down next to her. I groaned and looked back to Jaxon. "Have you ever had a girl friend?" I said as I ate a fri.

We're at the diner since Steve said we can have a day off. It's been a month since we've been practicing with Steve and I can say, it's actually helping. I'm getting toner and slimmer and I can actually run longer.

I placed my elbow on the table and leaned my head against my head as I ate. "No, I haven't had a girlfriend. Have you?"

I raised an eyebrow, "does it look like I had a girlfriend? No, I've been in that hell hole for the longest and I'm not going to fall in love with dîck."

"I'm surprised you didn't."

I threw a fri at him and he laughs as it hits his cheek. "I'm kidding. But you suck at like looking at girls- have you even talked to a girl?"

"Does the old ladies at the hell hole count?"

"No."

"Then no." I took a sip out of my milkshake and then took a bite out of my chicken fingers.

"You need a life then."

"I do have a life. It's fûckin being a fûckin gangster." I said low.

He rolled his eyes, "like a life Landon."

"Do you have one?" I questioned while sipping out of my milkshake again while raising an eyebrow.

"I do. I visit my ma-"

"That's not a life."

"Yes it is-"

"No it's not. You just go visit your ma. How's that a life?"

"It's called checking on her and listening to what she says and all that."

"That's a daily thing though. Like what do you do on your free time?"

"Sleep." He raised his eyebrow while smiling.

"So what's this? A to do list with me?"

"Clearly."

"Fûck you man."

"I'm kidding. No, but I don't really do anything, well before you showed up. Like I'll be home or I'll be at the hospital. I didn't really do anything. So yeah, this is what I am now doing on my free time now. Spending it with you or going to see my ma." He said as he finished his burger and then drank some of his milkshake.