SEVEN

Landon

It was a young looking lady. She smiled bright when she saw who came in. She then looked towards me and her smile grew even more. She sat up in the bed and stared at us when we both walked in.

"Jaxon." She smiled and she was about to get out of the bed but Jaxon stopped her. "No, you got to sleep. I brought the money, I just need to go drop it off-"

"Where are you getting all this money?" She said while looking at his hand taking out the money from his pocket.

"I've been working-"

"Where?"

"Ugh..."

And that's when I stepped in, "the names Landon." I said while I took a step towards her bed. She looked over to me and her smile never left. "Hi, I'm Jaxons ma, Maria."

"Nice to meet you."

"Are you guys best friends?" She said while he eyes lit up with happiness.

"Oh n-"

"Yes! We've been best friends for a while." Jaxon said. His face was filled with happiness when he looked his ma. I looked between them both and I can tell he's a mamas boy.

I licked my lips and smirked while I watched them talked. Best friends huh.

We talked for awhile and I was the one making her laugh and every so often when she wasn't looking, Jaxon would punch me.

"Okay. Let go eat." I said while I was resting on the chair as he sat at the edge of the bed playing with his hands while Maira slept.

"Alright."

I rubbed the tiredness out of my eyes and blinked away the spots. I walked towards the door and walked out hearing Jaxon follow behind.

We made it to the elevator and went down to the main floor. We walked out of the hospital and it was already dark. Like early morning. we were walking in the dark since there seemed to be no street lights above us. It was a comfortable silence around us.

But I hated the silence. I could never stand someone or being in a room quiet. My mind goes insane.

"So, best friends huh?" I teased while I pushed him to the side with my shoulder. He pushed me back and I jumped off the curb.

"I had to say that. My mom was so happy." He said while I laughed.

"Mamas boy." I teased and he groaned while trying to push me off again when I went back on the sidewalk.

"What? You're not?!"

My heart fell.

I looked down and kicked a rock, "nope. Never knew mine, well, never seen or heard about her." I murmured. He stopped walking and I did too.

"Sorry. I-"

"It's fine". I smiled. I just want icecream.

"Okay."

******

"Can I ask why some little boys are out this late?" The cashier said.