Chapter 31

WARNING: MATURE CONTENT AHEAD 

I took Tiana by the hand, looked around and snuck her into the men's room. Then I opened the very last stall door for her and looked around one more time, hoping that no one would come in before we were done. I had already gotten caught once that day, by Tiana, and didn't need to get busted again by some doctor, security, or worse, pervert. I had Tiana turned around and was inside of her before any words could be spoken. I bent her over, grabbed her hips, and was about to do the damn thing when she said my name softly.

"Kenney..."

"Yeah?" I pushed deeper.

"I don't like it like this."

I never knew that.

She put her hands flat against the stall's flimsy wall and braced herself for me to keep going.

I stopped.

When I pulled out, she turned around to face me. "I want to see your face." She was embarrassed to say it.

"Ok," I kissed her softly. "I'm sorry." She looked surprised that I stopped when she asked me to, and even more surprised that I gave a shit. Ever since she walked up on me and that crackhead, Tiana was acting like she had never met me before.

I grabbed her hips again and put her up against the stall wall. Then I picked her up and held her steady while I lowered her down on top of me. But I waited a minute this time, to make sure that she was cool with everything, before I pushed all the way in. When she gave me the signal, I went to work.

When we were done, I put her back down on the ground and bent down to kiss her lips. I loved kissing her. She always tasted like cherry lip gloss.

"You good?"

She smiled. "Yeah."

"Ready to see the baby?"

She nodded and I took her hand. Right before I opened the bathroom door for her, she let my hand go and her face changed. She always did that if there was a chance that anyone would see us together. I paused for a minute, because she knew I hated that shit. She felt my body tense up behind her and turned to look up at me like she wished things could be different.

I looked down at her like I wished they could, too.

When we got to the hospital room, Jazz was in the bed holding what looked like a little pile of baby blankets. Thankfully, Rico was nowhere around. I knew Tiana got extremely uncomfortable around him, and I had already made her uncomfortable enough for one day.

Tiana walked over to Jazz and picked the baby up like she had been holding babies her whole life. Jazz smiled at her, and looked like she was trying not to fall back asleep. Tiana walked the baby over to me and moved the blanket back away from her face, so that I could see her better.

She was beautiful, looked just like Jazz. She looked just like Jazz. And Sammy. Same eyes and everything. Tiana stepped closer to me, and placed the baby carefully in my arms, making sure that I had the baby's head before she let go. I just stared at Angel for the longest time. It was weird, finally being able to see who I had been praying over and talking to all that time. A million thoughts were rushing through my head. I couldn't slow them down enough to catch even one.

Then I looked over at Tiana. She was staring at the baby, too. She felt me watching her and looked back at me the same way that I was looking at her.

Another girl.

Our world was fucked up for girls.

And we both knew it.

I shook my head and handed the baby back to Tiana, then I headed out into the hallway to wait for her and Jazz to finish talking.