Chapter 40

** EXTREME VIOLENCE, MATURE CONTENT AHEAD **

The whole team was waiting up the way with Tiana's stepdaddy when me and Rico got back to the alley. They had the man tied up, and strung up. All my uncles, all the lookouts, all the new crew, all the youngins. Everybody. Even the OGs that I thought were out of town doing runs were there. Everybody was there. Just that quick. Briefly I wondered who the hell was watching the block. Who the hell was out on the corners getting our money? Did they just lock up the crackhouses and shut it down for the night?

If they did Rico was the ma. fuggin. man, because who the hell does that shit?

The smell of gasoline was so thick, we were all having trouble breathing.

"This is what the fuck happens when the chain of command is not followed," Rico barked out. His voice echoed all over the place. He sounded like a giant, and he looked like one, too. The moonlight and the streetlights were playing tricks on my eyes. "Where the fuck is everyone supposed to be right now? How much fucking money am I losing right now?" Everyone's eyes shifted to me, then back to Rico. "But instead we're out here defending some stretched out pussy!" he roared, and I promise the wind started blowing at the exact same time. "Stay. In. Line! Never make a move unless I say so!"

Rico never yelled at the crew. He never lost control. When he stomped people out, his stomps were methodical and calculated. Like he was systematically trying to beat them into obedience. Outside of the house, Rico was the most laid back, cool, charismatic guy you ever could meet. This was probably most of their first time even seeing him angry. Rico even murdered with a quiet calmness. But this Rico was a different guy. This was me and Jazz's Rico. I could tell by what I could make out of the men's faces that I wasn't the only one who never wanted to see this Rico out on the streets again.

"Now we have this." Rico gestured his hand toward the man who was struggling and swinging upside down from a rope. Back and forth, back and forth. His mouth was taped up, but I could still tell that he was screaming. I felt sick. "A loyal customer." He turned to look into the squirming man's eyes. "Gone." Tiana's stepdaddy started to cry. "Money. Gone. Free young pussy without consequence, gone."

Rico turned to me. I had never seen his face look this way before. It was like the movies when you catch a glimpse of the demon inside of the man.

I was scared as shit.

I'm not even gonna lie.

"Do you think Carole found this man by accident?" The hairs on the back of my neck stood up. What the fuck? "I put him there. I made sure we had an open door to that sweet, wet pussy. All of us. She's for us. I taught her what she knows. How to stay wet. How to stay tight. How to spit on command. Do you think she only does that for you?" My whole body turned to ice. What...the fuck? "I taught her how to take it like she does. From whoever I want her to take it from. You, son, thought it was him." Rico pointed to Tiana's stepfather without looking at him. "It was me!"

His laughter felt like nails on a chalkboard.

"...can take it from all of us." My ears were ringing, but I tried to tune back into what he was saying. "...back to back to back. I taught her that! I invested my time into that. Years. To create that for us. The perfect. whore. And you, son, fell in love with my whore!"