Vice Grip

Vice Grip by Ohh Kiss

His hand was wrapped around my throat. Vice grip.

The tip of his nose bumped against mine.

His lips were pulled back into a snarl.

I could feel my lungs start to burn.

His fingers dug into me. Into my neck.

Derek wasn't always like this.

It hurt. I could feel the vibrations in my head start to become a dull roar. A drone of brain cells starting to pop and fizzle out. I tried to keep my eyes open but it felt like cylinder blocks were tied to the ends of my eyelashes.

You know, Scott's told me that if I kept fucking around with him one day he might take it too far. Snap my neck. Break my ribs. Worse, give me the bite. I didn't listen. God, if he doesn't let me go soon today might be the day. Hah, Scott would be so pissed.

I struggled. Squirmed. Which in turn got me a throaty growl in response. Yes, thank you, babe. I'm trying to tell you you're fucking killing me here and you snarl.

He slammed his torso against me.

I tried not to wince but I couldn't help it. I can't really decipher what is going on. His face is blurry.

Everything's a little blurry now.

I choke out his name. Swat his back.

Finally he lets go.

"What's wrong with you?"

His voice is placid like it always is.

I'm sucking in air, my chest is heaving and collapsing in on itself. All the while his hand is still snaking underneath my shirt. He winds his arm beneath me and I can finally open my eyes again and breath like a normal person.

His forehead rests against mine.

"Why won't you let me turn you."

His voice is softer now, just as cold as it always is, but quiet, morose.

It always comes to this. Every. Single. Time.

I won't answer. I've answered too many times. I don't need to fucking explain myself to him again.

"Stiles..." he grips my side and uses his other hand to poke at my fingertips.

I keep my face away from him. I want to scream at him. Just let it be. Just let me be. I don't fucking want the bite. I don't want any of it.

Derek rests his mouth against my throat and I close my eyes.

I ask myself every time I'm walking to my car back through the trees and away from that fucking destitute house, why exactly I'm doing this.

And then I see red eyes glowing at me from the trees beyond my car and I'm reminded.