The Pack Of Beacon Hills

The Pack Of Beacon Hills by writer-of-demigodishness

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Derek!" Laura called from the other room.

"Yeah?" he asked, springing up from the couch in their shared apartment and entering the kitchen where his sister was baking.

"Can you turn the radio up, please?"

He rolled his eyes, but did as she asked, and leaned against the counter to listen in.

"...st call this number to request a song, and we'll play it within the hour!"

"Derek, can you call in and request a song for me?" Laura pouted. Derek, well, easier said than done at ignoring her puppy dog eyes.

"Fine," he grumbled, picking up the phone and dialing the number of the station. He pressed it to his ear and listened to the dial tone. "What song is it?"

Laura opened her mouth, but was cut off by the radio announcer.

"Alright, we are back! And we are looking for caller number nine to win tickets to the sold out show playing here, in their home town of Beacon Hills, by The Pack Of Beacon Hills!"

"Who?" Derek murmured, running his fingertips over the counter, listening to the ringing in his ear.

"Hello? You are caller number nine for Kizz Radio 101.8!"

Derek blinked. Why was he hearing the same thing twice, one just slowly behind the other?

"Hello?"

"Uh, yeah, I'm- I'm here," Derek said into the receiver stumbling over his words. Laura stated at her brother with a slack jaw.

"Ah! Shocked into silence, I see!"

"Something like that..."

The announcer laughed."Well, congratulations! You and one guest get front row seats and- get this- backstage passes to meat TPOBH! You excited?"

Laura stole the phone from his grasp and squealed, "Hell yeah we're excited!"

Derek just stared at her, and listened as the next song played on the radio as Laura gave them their contact information.

When she hung up, she screamed into her hand. "TPOBH! Derek can you believe we just accidentally won tickets to their concert this Friday! And backstage passes! Ahh!"

Derek blinked. "Who the hell is TOB-"

"It's TPOBH, Derek. The Pack Of Beacon Hills? How have you not heard of them? They're the only successful band to ever make it anywhere that originated here. They're a legend!"

Derek rolled his eyes. "I don't follow pop music, Laura."

"They aren't a pop band, Derek. Their style is literally everywhere. That's what makes them so special. So, okay, singer Lydia Martin writes pop songs and they have a few on their albums, but Jackson, her boyfriend, also lead guitarist, he writes hardcore rock. So does Allison, piano player. Her boyfriend, Scott, base player- beautiful brown eyes by the way- he likes country. And Stiles, their drummer-"