Maid

Maid by FireyFreedom

~~~~~~~~

So, Stiles is insane. It is a well-known and accepted fact. Even Scott sometimes has issues following his train of thought. In the few months Derek's known the two incredibly annoying teens he has come to recognize that Stiles is both brilliant and insane and the two characteristics are inexplicably intertwined. So usually when Stile's is being crazier than usual there's a reason.

All of which to say Derek has no idea what the fuck is going on. At all. Or why he's this turned on.

Stiles is shaking a feather duster at him and ranting about dust and health, and some other thinly veiled metaphors, and Derek should be concentrating on this, because it's probably one of those moments where Stiles is being insightful but mother of God the boy's legs look good.

Oh, did Derek fail to mention what Stiles is wearing while shaking aforementioned feather duster? A maid's dress. A really short, really tight black dress, with a frilly white apron, honest to god stockings (Derek can see the upper hem and the place where they clip onto what must be lacy underwear), and obscenely tall, black, heels.

So yes, Derek should be paying attention to the words coming out of Stiles' mouth and not all the filthy things he suddenly wants to do to this boy.

The alpha opens his mouth— he's really not sure what he means to say but its definitely not "Where did you get that outfit?"

Stiles knows he's insane alright. He's always been well aware of it, and always accepted it because, hey, he's also brilliant. So he rolls with the madness, embraces the weird mental jumps and learned to walk in stripper heels in sixth grade. He will forever blame that story on Scott and never speak of it again. Point is Stiles gets that everyone thinks he's kind of a flake. No attention span, his teachers say, even if he is ridiculously smart. And he's fine with that because he's intuitive enough to know how to get through life.

So when he sees the way Derek mopes around his family home that was burned down and looks like it's going to fall down if Stiles breathes too hard— never mind Derek's extra wolfy strength— he understands that it's just another part of the older man being mentally fucked to hell. He also gets that Derek's not moving anytime soon; and that it's really none of his business, but since when has Stiles ever given a crap?

So he comes up with a plan, one that involves keeping the good memories and helping Derek to move on from the bad. It also involves a maid costume that Stiles will deny owning until his dying day.

So when Derek's first question is "Where did you get that outfit?" Stiles just smirks.

"That's my secret, now; let me clean your house?"

Derek blinks slowly, in that actually completely adorable way of his, and says slowly, "You want to clean my house?"

"Yep."

Stiles proceeds to wander around flitting the duster over random things.

Okay, so he has no intention to actually clean, just to get the wolf to clean up his own damn house.

"Why are you in a dress?"

"Well, I won't be your beta, so I'm filling in as your maid."

"My maid?" Derek repeats, and suddenly there's something dangerous in the way he says 'my'.

Stiles swallows around a dry throat that is suddenly screaming 'this was a bad fucking idea'. "Yep, your own personal maid. Unless you need a dead body buried, in which case—"

He is cut off by Derek's laugh. Wow. He's never heard Derek actually laugh before and whoa damn is it sexy. It's low and rich and there's that same danger in it.