Don't Let Fear Rule

Don't Let Fear Rule by S.Horne

~~~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: I don't own any characters in the story

"Well done, mate." Jackson slapped Derek on the back as he handed him another beer.

Derek couldn't take his eyes from the Moses basket in front of him as he replied with a huge grin. "Thanks. We did good."

"You certainly did." Scott agreed, standing behind his alpha and pulling faces at the tiny baby before him, Isaac tucked underneath his arm. "He's amazing. You can definitely see you in him."

"Are you kidding? He's beautiful – it's all Stiles." Derek replied, still unable to look away. His husband looked up at him and pressed a kiss to his stubble, his own grin dominating his face.

It had been a busy couple of weeks with various people visiting the happy couple and their new addition, Tyler Hale, and Stiles was enjoying the peaceful night with just a few pack members.

"I still can't believe it" Isaac said.

"You can't?" Stiles laughed. "I didn't think I'd make it past my 18th birthday, never mind stay alive to see my 21st!"

"Of course you would – you're my mate and I live to protect you." Derek finally tore his eyes away from Tyler and looked to his younger partner, love radiating from Stiles' gaze and tears threatening his eyes.

"Wow" Scott murmured.

"This little one has really changed you, hasn't he?" Jackson commented, raising his eyebrows.

Derek turned to look down at his son once again, a smile taking over his face as he saw Isaac bending over Tyler and the tiny boy gurgling up at him. "I know" the oldest said. "I'm so proud of him already." Stiles' face still had a dopey smile from his husband's earlier romantic words but now his face lit up the room and his cheeks began to hurt with the strength of his grin.

"Congrats mate. Genuinely, he's great." Coming from Jackson, that was a compliment of the highest order. The blonde's phone buzzed then; "gotta go guys, Lyds is home from her shopping trip."

"We'd better be off too, early classes tomorrow." Scott finished his drink and moved forward to hug his best friend. Isaac was still bent over the cot and gave Tyler one last kiss before reluctantly stepping away and allowing himself to be led out, begging to come back tomorrow for more cuddles.

Stiles closed the door behind his pack, chuckling at them all. Jackson and Scott were sparring with each other as they walked to their cars and Isaac was still calling back to Stiles with promises to babysit.

The new father entered the lounge again and walked up to Derek, who was still staring at his tiny baby. Stiles laughed softly as he wrapped his arms around his larger husband and pressed kisses to his neck.

"You want to put him to bed tonight?" He asked quietly, fearing the answer.

"You do it, babe. I need to reply to a few emails." Derek's eyes closed at his lover's pained sigh, hating himself for causing it.

"Fine." Stiles said, already pulling away and stepping back.

"Stiles" the Alpha began but the man in question was already talking to their baby.

"Come on then beautiful, oh sorry, handsome." Stiles winked, causing Tyler to squeal delightedly and clench his tiny fists in the air a few times.

Stiles giggled at his son and picked him up out of his basket, cradling him close to his chest. He began the ascent upstairs, humming various nursery rhymes - changing tune whenever he forgot the next line - and poking his boy's stomach to hear his joyful noises again and again.