2. sad pimp

billie's alarm woke me up the next morning. i groaned. i wasn't used to waking up this early, and i had only gotten an hour of sleep. billie, who had fallen asleep on my bean bag, blinked her eyes open sleepily. she reached over the side of the beanbag to turn her alarm off. i squinted my eyes to look at her phone. her alarm was labeled 'kill me please'.

she stretched as she stood up, turning my bedroom light on. the light was blinding and hurt my eyes. i made an inhumane noise before turning on my side and covering my head with the duvet and closing my eyes tightly. billie chuckled from the other side of the room.

"sorry," she grumbled. i heard shuffling as she gathered some of her things. "i'm going to let you sleep and get dressed and stuff in your bathroom. my clothes and backpack are on your couch anyway, but you better be awake by the time i'm eating breakfast."

i sighed in relief as she reached over and flicked the light switch. i revealed my head again and opened my eyes. i was surrounded by sweet, and somewhat calming, darkness. "thanks, bils," i said. "there's crunchy nut somewhere in the kitchen and milk in the fridge."

billie, with one foot out of bedroom door, turned to look at me. her phone was in her hand. "maybe i wanted tea and crumpets." 

"haha, funny." 

even in the dark i could see her smile. "i know," she said, closing the door behind her.

i couldn't fall back asleep, so i just closed my eyes and waited, listening to the sounds of billie rushing around my bathroom and living room. i heard the sounds of a toothbrush and footsteps and bags being zipped. i waited until i heard glass clinking in the kitchen to sit up. i kept my blanket wrapped around my shoulders as i headed out to check on billie.

she was sitting on my floor, back against the couch and her legs straight out in front of her. she held a bowl of cereal in her hands with a mug of coffee sitting on the small table in front of her. she turned to look at me in smiled. "good morning, danny boy."

"uh-huh, g'morning." 

i flopped over the arm of the couch, keeping the blanket wrapped tightly around me. billie laughed. she spooned cereal into her mouth. i closed my eyes and listened to the crunching sounds of her chewing. i jumped when she snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"wake up!" she shouted, placing the now half-empty bowl in front of her on the table. she frowned at me. "you're supposed to answer the question about the party."

i sighed and moved to sit upwards on the couch, my legs crossed. i reached my hands out in front of me in a grabbing gesture. "coffee me." 

billie stood up and walked to the kitchen, returning with another mug of coffee. she pushed it into my hands. "so, what's the answer, huh?" she asked, jumping over the arm and laying horizontally on the top of the couch. she tickled the back of my neck with her fingernail.

"i don't know," i said, letting the heat of the coffee warm my hands up. "i'm thinking i might go. but i don't want to hook up with anyone. i think i'm just gonna go with connor, as friends and as friends only." 

billie shrugged and swung her legs down, sliding to sit next to me on the couch. she grabbed the bowl of cereal. "sounds fine with me. i'll talk to connor on the way to school and see if there's a time you guys can meet up before that to get to know each other a little better so it's not awkward."