prologue

"Shit."

Camila whispered to herself while she tear up unprepared plus sign. How did this happen? We were using protection. I think. Fuck. She thought. The Cuban girl was about to burst into tears when she heard the front door close, meaning her wife was home.

"I'm home" Lauren mumbled, kicking off her shoes all over the place and tossing her work bag aside. She knew Camila hated it when she made a mess but she's stressed and just doesn't care. "Where have you been? It's one am!" Camila asked angrily and trying to hide the fact that she was crying. "Working, duh, that's how I buy your designer bags." The green eyed girl shrugged her shoulders and went up to their shared bedroom.

The raven hair girl walked over to her dresser and dug out her box of blunts she rolled up last week and took out two along with a lighter. She placed one in between her lips and lit the end, taking a long drag. "If you're going to smoke, can you please open the window? You know I hate it when you hotbox the house." Camila said, walking into the room and opening the window before leaving. Lauren rolled her eyes and decided to go downstairs to the mini bar to get herself a glass of whiskey.

"How many times have I told you? Put your shoes on the shoe rack for god sake!" Camila complained, annoyed that her wife isn't doing anything but pushing all her buttons. "Just leave it Camz, I'm going to wear them tomorrow anyways." Lauren said, kicking her legs up on the coffee table. "Yea but I always trip on your stupid shoes, this isn't just your house Lauren." The brown eyed girl ranted.

Sometimes I don't even want to go home. Lauren thought to herself, taking another drag of her blunt. "You're not even listening to me!" Her wife raised her voice. Lauren rolled her eyes and grabbed the ashtray and whiskey then went upstairs to her office to avoid her angry wife. "Don't you try to avoid me Jauregui." Her wife followed her into the office. Lauren rested her blunt on the ashtray and sighed. "Baby, I'm sorry, loosen up, alright?" She asked, massaging her wife's shoulders, hoping it'll get her to stop yelling.

"I know what you're doing, don't even try. We need to talk about your shitty attitude." Camila said. "My attitude? What about yours?" Lauren argued, picking up her blunt again and blowing a cloud in Camila's face. "Stop it! Put the blunt down." The Cuban girl demanded and Lauren gave in, placing the blunt down and taking a sip of her whiskey. She closed up the space between the two of them and pecked Camila's lips then moving over to her neck.

"Laur-"

"Shh, just let me." Lauren mumbled, squeezing her wife's butt and pressing her crotch against her wife's centre. Her wife let out a whimper, running her hands through Lauren's hair. Lauren wasn't even turned on, she just wanted to give Camila an orgasm so she could stop nagging on and on.

"Lauren, I want to t-" Camila was cut off by  her wife's lips. Camila knew what her wife was doing, that's what she always does when she didn't want to get into an argument. She knows Lauren isn't trying to get into the mood but her wife does it just to get her to forget about whatever she's upset about. "Alright, stop it, sit down." She pushed Lauren off and didn't let Lauren make another move on her.

"Camz, can we just do this anytime? I'm really tired." Lauren tried to avoid the situation. "Anytime? When? When I'm dead?" Camila yelled. "Alright, fuck this, we're not doing this right now." Lauren raised her voice, sitting down on her office chair and lighting the other blunt she had on hand as the previous one burned out. "Yes we are Lauren! You never listen to me." Camila yelled. "Fine! What the fuck do you want?" Lauren yelled back. "I want you to actually do shit for once!" Camila shouted. "Who is the one actually earning money? Who is the one putting food on the plate? All you do is take my money and try to 'fulfil your dreams' well guess what? Your dreams aren't coming true Camila! I'm the one working my ass off to make you happy with all the shit I'm buying for you." The stoned girl yelled and a flash of hurt went across the brown eyed girl's eyes then she started tearing up.