thirteen.

"Did you hear that thunderstorm last night, mija?" Lauren asked, pouring milk into Lara's cup. Lara sleepily shook her head and took a sip of the milk. "Not a single bit of it?" Lauren asked again. "No, I was sleeping Mama." The little girl answered. "Told you she was a deep sleeper." Camila served two slices of toast bread with peanut butter and Nutella on each slice on her daughter's plate.

The mothers and daughter left the house and were headed for the beach. "I'm going to swim with the dolphins!" Lara said. "Not really but you can dream." Lauren replied. "Don't be mean." Camila slapped the COO's thigh. "What are you going to do when you meet the dolphins Lara?" The brunette asked. "I'm going to play with them and swim together, like The Little Mermaid!" The little girl answered and Lauren smiled.

Lauren was laying out the beach towels while Camila was talking to her daughter. "Let's set some rules. One, don't leave my sight. Two, don't go too far out. Three, if someone asks you to follow them, you don't listen to them and come find your Mama or me. Okay?" Camila asked as she adjusted the arm bands on her daughter. "The first two rules are basically the same but you just changed your phrasing." Lauren commented. "You know what I mean." The brunette turned to look at her. "Okay Mommy, can I go now?" Lara asked. "You can, be careful." The mother replied and the little girl took off running to the sea.

Lauren sat down on the towel and watched Camila take off her shirt, revealing the top half of her black one piece. "Aw, no bikini?" Lauren asked. "Calm your hormones down." Camila replied, sitting down beside her and the COO chuckled, passing her a bottle of water. "So, how has work been?" The brunette asked, initiating a conversation. "The usual, sit, do paperwork, meet a bunch of people, yell at a bunch of people then repeat." The other woman answered.

"Life of a COO, huh?" Camila asked. "Your life as a café owner must be way better than mine." Lauren replied. "Maybe, I still do the sitting, the paperwork, the occasional yelling, just with a croissant involved." The brunette said and Lauren laughed. "Mommy! Come play with me!" Lara called. "That's my cue." Camila got up, taking off her shorts and walked towards her daughter. Lauren sat back, supporting her upper body with her arms and watched the mother and daughter, smiling to herself.

•/•

"Mama." Lara called. Lauren looked over at her daughter and was met with  an apple slice pressed against her lips. "Thanks baby." She smiled, eating the apple slice. "So did you see any dolphins out there, mija?" The mother asked. "No, but it's okay, we can always play next time." The little girl frowned but smiled again.

The family finished eating and left the beach, sadly. "Hey Lara, do you want to get some ice cream?" Lauren asked. "Can I?" The little girl asked. "Yeah." The mother smiled. "Yes please!" Lara cheered and Lauren drove to an ice cream shop.

Lara walked between her two mothers, holding their hands as they walked into the ice cream shop. "I'll find us a seat, Lara, stay with Mama, okay?" Camila asked but the daughter was occupied by the ice cream flavours. Lauren laughed and picked up the little girl so she could see the flavours better. "What do you want babygirl?" Lauren asked. "Can I have one all by myself, Mama?" She asked. "As long as you can finish it, then sure." The mother answered. "Okay!" The little girl replied. "Are you ready to order? The nice ice cream lady is waiting." Lauren asked. "Can I get the bubblegum flavour?" Lara asked. "Do you want sprinkles with that, sweetie?" The lady asked. "Can I, Mama?" The little girl turned to look at her mother and she nodded. "Junior scoop, with sprinkles please." Lauren ordered for her daughter.

"Should I get something for you and Mommy?" Lara asked. "Honey, I'm paying but okay." Lauren chuckled. "Mommy likes banana, so we should get her the banana flavour." The little girl said. "Okay." The mother replied. "What about you Mama?" The daughter asked. "I'll just share with Mommy." Lauren answered. "Can my Mama get the banana flavour with gummy bears and chocolate syrup please?" Lara asked and the lady started scooping out the ice cream.

Lauren placed her daughter down and passed her the ice creams, telling her to bring them to her other mother while she paid for the dessert. "Your daughter is really pretty." The cashier said. "She got most of her mother's genes really." Lauren replied, passing her a few bills. "But she seems to also have some of your resemblance, which is somehow a little odd right? Since two women can't actually make a baby." She asked. "It's possible, you can look it up online." The mother replied then left to join her family.

Lauren walked towards the mother and daughter who were sat at a booth. She saw that they were sat across each other. Her daughter was sat on the outer end of the booth and didn't make any effort to move or invite her to sit beside her so she sat beside Camila.

There was only one spoon between Camila and Lauren, the COO offered to asked for another spoon but the café owner told her that there was no need for that and that they could just share the spoon. So Camila was feeding Lauren spoonfuls of banana flavoured ice cream that hasn't been touched by the chocolate sauce since Lauren didn't like chocolate and Lauren realised that which made her heart warm.

"Lara, look." Camila picked out a conjoined gummy bear and showed it to her daughter. "It's just like you and Mama!" The little girl said and the two mothers looked at each other. "What do you mean, Mija?" Lauren asked. "You and Mommy are together right?" She asked bluntly. "Erm, we..." Lauren glanced at Camila then looked back at her daughter.

Camila bit her lip and reached out to grab Lauren's hand under the table. "Do you mind that your Mama and I are seeing each other?" Camila asked. "No, you and Mama are meant to be together." Lara answered and the mothers smiled. "So you won't mind that I hold Mommy's hand or kiss her?" Lauren asked. "No, as long as I get to play with you, it's fine." The little girl replied.

"Okay, do you want to eat the gummy bear?" Camila asked, still holding the conjoined candy in her hand. "No, you and Mama should eat it so you can be together forever." Lara replied and Lauren laughed at how adorable her daughter was then took the candy from the brunette's hand and took a bite out of it before feeding it to Camila. She ate it and Lara cheered, clapping her hands before she continued to eat her ice cream.

:/:

the havana remix is 👌🏻👌🏻💦 especially when camila sang in spanish 😩😫👌🏻 ( time for the spanish rap version camz). i loved it even though daddy yankee's verse felt weird at first but still amazing.

if you bash me for hating the he like that remix, i'll hit you (i literally lost interest at 'skkrt skkrt' in french montana's verse).

fun fact about the person i have a crush on:

congrats to me, she's bisexual which means my gay ass has a chance. 🏳️‍🌈🌈

but i don't know how to hint at her about shit 🙂