eighteen.

Lauren woke up with her arms wrapped around the brunette from their afternoon nap. Wow, I'm getting old. Lauren thought. Camila shifted in her sleep and rested her forehead on the COO's chest. Lauren smiled and reached over, grabbing her phone to check the time. She decided to go make dinner and got out of bed carefully, in order to not wake up the sleeping brunette.

She walked into the kitchen and smiled at the drawing Lara drew on the refrigerator then opened it to see what she could cook with. However, she realised her refrigerator only had microwaveable food, alcohol and snacks then decided to order in instead.

"Hey." Camila called, walking into the kitchen. "Hi, what would you like for dinner?" Lauren asked, staring at the woman who was dressed in one of her dress shirts. "Erm, what do we have?" The brunette asked, opening the refrigerator. "Ordering in?" She asked, closing the refrigerator door. "Chinese?" The COO asked. "Sure." Camila replied.

Lauren ordered food then pulled Camila onto her lap. "I didn't know Lara gave you that drawing." The mother said, noticing the crayon drawing on the refrigerator. "I asked for it and she gave it to me." The taller woman replied, kissing her cheek. "Do you want a drink?" Lauren asked. "We haven't gotten dinner yet." The brunette said. "There's no specific time or rule to have some alcohol." The raven-haired woman replied, gently pushing the woman on top of her off her lap and opening the refrigerator.

"You're ridiculous." Camila laughed when she watched Lauren take out a bottle of wine and opened it. "I'm not, unless you can think of something else while we wait for dinner to arrive, we can enjoy a glass of wine." The Cuban-American took out two wine glasses and poured out the wine. "Alright, I'll give in into your alcoholism." The Cuban-Mexican took one of the wine glasses.

"Hey, I don't drink as much as I used to, okay? Well, daily drinking became every other night drinking but I don't get wasted, controlled amounts because my old ass cannot handle another hangover." Lauren defended herself. "You're not that old." Camila placed her wine down and rested her hands on her shoulders. "Thirty is pretty old in my books, you're still in your twenties." The COO said. "Barely, I'm leaving my twenties next year. You don't even look thirty." The cafe owner replied. "Well, you don't look or act your age." Lauren joked. "Bitch." Camila slapped her shoulder. The older woman laughed and drank her wine.

The doorbell rang and Lauren went to get the door. She paid for the food and gave a generous tip to the delivery boy. "Camz, food's here." Lauren closed the door and went to the kitchen. "I'm famished." Camila sat down on the stool and opened up one of the take out box. "You're always famished." Lauren replied, taking a sip of her wine.

Lauren drove Camila back home after dinner. "Mommy! Mama!" Lara ran towards the front door. "Hi baby! Did you have fun today with your grandparents?" Lauren smiled, carrying her baby girl in her arms. "Yea! Grandpa bought me ice cream!" The little girl said. "Way to much ice cream, how are you going to sleep tonight?" Camila asked. "I can stay up with you and Mama." Lara suggested. "Then you'll be grumpy tomorrow morning, so no." The mother shot down her idea. "I'm giving you until bedtime for you to knock out." Lauren bet. "I bet two storybooks then she'll sleep." Camila challenge. "Alright." The COO accepted. "I bet I'll stay up the whole night!" Lara added. "We'll see who wins then." The older woman said.

•/•

"I'm sleepy." Lara yawned when it was bedtime. "Told you she'll sleep by bedtime." Lauren boasted in victory. "I'm awake!" The little girl heard her mother and jumped up. "But it's bedtime so go brush your teeth." The mother said and the little girl went to the bathroom.

"You said bedtime, but it's already bedtime." Camila said. "No, bedtime is after she brushes her teeth and gets tucked in." Lauren replied. "You can't rewrite the rules!" The brunette argued. "I'm not! You can't just expect our daughter to drop on the floor and sleep at nine pm exactly!" The raven-haired woman argued back. Camila started smiling when the COO mentioned 'our daughter'.

"Why are you smiling? You still haven't won." Lauren crossed her arms over her chest. "No, it's just, you said our daughter." Camila blushed. "Well, she is our daughter, we made her." The older woman smiled. "I'm just not used to 'our daughter' yet." The younger woman smiled wider. "She's our daughter and will always be our daughter okay?" Lauren held her hand.

Lara returned from brushing her teeth to see her mothers holding hands which made her smile. "Yay!" She cheered, running towards her mothers and placing her hand over theirs. Lauren chuckled and had to sadly broke the hand-holding to tuck her daughter into bed. "But I'm not tired Mama." Lara said, followed by a yawn. "You yawned so you're tired. Let Mama win, I'll give you a cookie." The mother bribed. "Hey, no bribery." Camila stepped in.

"Still not falling asleep?" Lauren asked, sitting on the corner of the small bed. "Nope!" Lara smiled. "Should've asked your parents to slip some wine into her grape juice." Lauren mumbled, loud enough that Camila could hear and she burst out laughing. "Why is Mommy laughing?" The little girl asked. "Mommy is weird, don't worry about it." Lauren answered.

"Hey, I'm not weird." Camila said as her laughter died down. "Erm, yes, you are." The COO replied and started listing out everything she has done since the day they met while the brunette tried to deny and defend herself.

Their daughter watched her mothers and smiled. She started feeling her eyelids grow heavy and soon fell asleep. "Then there was that time you thought banana and pasta would taste good toge-" "Wait." Camila cut her off. "No, I'm not done yet, I can keep this going all night." Lauren said and the brown-eyed woman shush her, pointing at their daughter. "Told you I'll win." A smug look grew on the green-eyed woman's face in victory.

"Yeah, yeah, you cheated anyways." Camila said. "I didn't." Lauren defended. "Shush, don't wake our daughter up." She whispered, leaning down to kiss her daughter's forehead. "I still won." Lauren whispered and kissed her daughter's forehead as well.

:/:

CAMILA IS COMING OUT...ON JANUARY 12 haha too many people made that joke so i should stop. but THE SONGS ARE SO GOOD. and real friends 🤔🤔 could it be an indirect to the other girls? 🤔🤔

THEN THERE'S FEELS oH my gOD the harmonies 😫😫👌🏻👌🏻 fUck mE

also, i'm out of a job because apparently my boss needs to start prioritising other people shifts this month to train them for bigger roles in the company. basically, they no longer need me work so that's fun. the good thing is, i'm too lazy to find myself another job so i get to spend more time writing.

what other shit show happened this week, erm, i was just underage drinking a few hours ago, not intentionally, my friend's mother treated us to dinner and thought we all liked alcoholic beverages so ordered us a bottle of beer which i found out that was disgusting. i had like half a glass? yea.

have a nice day!