forty-one.

Lauren woke up and got out of bed. She got ready and dressed up. She walked down the hallway to Lara's room and opened the door. "Lara, mija, wake up." The mother entered her room and shook her shoulders. The little girl stirred awake and saw her mother in front of her. "Mama." She smiled, rubbing her eyes.

"Wake up and let's go out for breakfast." Lauren said, kissing her forehead. "Okay." She sat up. "Morning." The mother kissed her head again and watched her go to the bathroom. She opened up the bag to lay out clothes for her daughter.

"Where do you want to go later?" The mother asked, eating her breakfast. "Mommy's birthday is coming, I want to make her a surprise card." Her daughter said. "Oh right... We'll go to the crafts store then." She replied.

The mother and daughter walked around the crafts store looking around for decorations to make her Mommy's birthday card. "Can we get glitter?" Lara asked, pointing at the shelf of glitter. "No, it will make a big mess. How about I get you this art kit? Look, there are colour pencils and crayons ." Lauren asked. "There are so many colours! Let's get it, Mama!" The little girl agreed, taking the kit.

•/•

Camila woke up cuddled up to the muscular chest of her boyfriend. She let out a sigh of content and nuzzled her nose into his chest. She felt a peck on her head and looked up to see Shawn looking at her. "Morning." She smiled, placing a kiss on his chest. "Morning, did you sleep well?" He asked. "Yeah, you?" She asked. "I slept really well." He answered.

"Sorry about last night." She apologized, drawing circles on his chest. "It's alright." He reassured.

Camila felt herself being lowered onto the bed and sat up. "Undo my dress." She said and Shawn reached behind, pulling down the zipper. The dress fell off and she was quick to remove the clothing. "You look really beautiful." He admired. "Thanks." She smiled, connecting their lips.

After a little more lip-locking and removing a few more pieces of clothes, Camila realised what she was doing. "Wait." She said. "Yeah?" Shawn pulled away. "I'm sorry, can we stop?" She asked. "Of course, are you okay?" He asked, sitting beside her. "Yea, I'm fine. Can we go to bed?" She blushed in embarrassment. "Yea, do you want to brush your teeth? I'll get you a toothbrush." The Canadian got out of the bed and headed to the bathroom.

"It's okay, Mila." Shawn reassured again after hearing her girlfriend apologised for the second time. "Let's go out for breakfast." She said. "Alright." He smiled. Camila smiled back and kissed him before getting out of bed and she bent down to pick up her dress and bra. She looked up to see her boyfriend staring at her, or more like her breasts.

"Sorry." He blushed, looking away when he realised he got caught. "It's fine." She smiled, going to the bathroom.

•/•

The mother and daughter sat around the coffee table with their new art kit. "What should I draw?" Lara asked, looking at the number of colours she has to work with, eagerly. "How about a picture of you and Mommy?" Lauren suggested.

"Where do I draw you then?" The little girl asked. "It's alright, you don't have to draw Mama." She smiled. "No! I'll put you in Mommy's card." Lara said, starting her drawing. Lauren smiled, watching her daughter draw then picked up a colour pencil and started drawing as well.

The little girl was done with her drawing and tried to take a peek at what her mother was drawing. "Mama! Let me see!" Lara said, climbing onto her lap. "Not yet!" Lauren replied, hiding her drawing. "How long more?" She asked, eager to see it. "Give me a few more minutes, baby." The mother answered and her daughter got off her lap to add more colours to her drawing.

"Done!" She said. "Let me see!" Lara shot up, plopping down onto her mother's lap. The mother showed her the drawing and it was a cartoon version of the little girl. "Is that me?" Her daughter asked. "Yea! Do you like it?" She asked. "It's much better than mine." Lara picked up her card and showed it to her mother. "No, it isn't, I love it." Lauren admired her daughter's drawing.

"Can you draw a dog for my card, Mama?" Lara asked. "Alright, what kind of dog do you want me to draw?" Lauren asked, picking up the pencil. "The big ones that we always see at the park!" She said. "Okay." The mother smiled and started drawing as her daughter watched while sitting on her lap.

Lauren finished drawing and the little girl smiled, looking at the dog her mother had drawn. "Mommy will love this card. Thanks, Mama!" She said and kissed her mother's cheek. The mother had a big smile on her face and kissed her daughter's cheek.

After the drawing session, the mother-daughter duo decided to go downstairs for a swim. "Mama! Look!" The mother diverted her attention to her daughter who was doing circles around her mother, doing her newly learnt frog style. "When did you learn to do that?" Lauren asked, amused at her daughter. "Mia taught me when her daddies brought us to a swimming pool for our sleepover!" Lara answered.

"That's nice. I'll race you!" The mother dived and started swimming. "That's cheating!" The little girl protested and started swimming. Lauren slowed down so that Lara could catch up and win.

"I win!" The little girl cheered, splashing the water. Lauren smiled and grabbed her daughter, lifting her up before dropping her back into the water which made her burst into giggles. "Again! Again!" Lara said and Lauren repeated the action.

The mother watched her daughter laugh with glee and smiled. "I love you so much, do you know that?" She asked, pulling her daughter close and kissing her cheek. "I love you too, Mama!" The little girl replied, kissing her cheek with a giant smile on her face.

•/•

"Happy birthday, Mommy!" Lara walked into her mother's room with the card she had made with her Mama. Camila woke up and saw her daughter crawling towards her. "Morning, baby." She smiled, hugging her daughter. "Happy birthday! I made you a card!" The little girl held out the card. "Oh! What's this?" She took the card and smiled at the cute drawings with a large 'happy birthday Mommy' title.

"This is beautiful, baby. Thank you so much!" She smiled and kissed her daughter's cheek. "Look! I asked Mama to draw this dog for you! It's like those big dogs we see in the park!" Lara pointed out. "Oh...thanks, sweetie." Camila replied, kissing her daughter's cheek again.

She displayed her new card on her bedside table and got out of bed. She opened her arms out for her daughter and she jumped into her mother's arms. "Oof, you're getting heavy." Camila said as she placed her daughter down. "It means I get to sit in the front with the car!" The little girl replied. "No, it doesn't. Go bug Aunty Ally outside." She patted her butt and Lara ran out of her room. She heard her baby girl's giggles from the kitchen and smiled to herself.

:/:

AKSKFJCIXJWJEMFckjfmezkcjjd

there are so many things i want to say but i can't because they can read this

i hate oral exams

have a nice day!

also for those in the clique ||-//, what do y'all think?