forty-two.

"Mila, I think you should take the day to rest." Ally suggested. "I'm fine, Ally." Camila moaned as she blew her red nose into a tissue which made her headache worse. "I can take Lara to and from school and look after the café. Stay home today." The Mexican said. "Fine, alright. Be good for Aunty Ally, baby." The Cuban-American patted her daughter's head and staggered back to her room.

Ally dropped Lara at her school and headed to work to find out that someone had placed a last minute bulk order which meant she can't look after her business partner's daughter. She quickly called Dinah but the Polynesian couldn't take a day off and Normani had work to rush through. Camila also mentioned that Shawn was back in Canada to visit family so she had to call her last resort.

Lauren was driving to work when she received a call from Ally. She felt that it was a little odd that the baker was calling but picked it up anyway.

"Hey, Ally."

"Hey, Lauren. Weird request, Mila is sick and I'm a little busy looking after the café, could you take Lara for the day?"

"Sure, is Camz alright?"

"She just has a really bad cold so I told her to take the day off. Thanks, Lauren! Bye."

"Bye." Lauren ended the call and took a turn away from her office. She called up her secretary to ask her to cancel all her meetings for the day. She drove up to where Camila was, found the key to the front door under a fake rock and went in.

She found the Cuban-Mexican asleep with used tissues flooding over her bedside table. The Cuban-American reached over and felt her forehead to feel that it was burning. "Camz." She called, shaking the sleeping brunette's shoulder gently. "Camz." She called again and the sleeping woman stirred awake, groaning at the headache she had.

"Camz, it's Lauren. Have you gone to see the doctor?" The CEO asked. Camila was too sick to question why her ex was in her room and just shook her head, turning over to the other side and closing her eyes. "Let's get you to the doctor's. Go take a shower." Lauren said. "I'm fine." Camila mumbled, waving her off. "You're burning up, come on, let me bring you to the doctor's." She replied.

The café owner gave in and tried to sit up. Lauren reached out of help her up but she waved her off again, standing on her own two feet and slowly made her way into the bathroom. The CEO opened her closet and picked out Camila's 'sick' clothes which were sweatpants and a big T-shirt. She laid them on her bed and waited outside.

The brunette emerged from her room in the clothes Lauren laid out and tissues stuck in her nostrils. The raven-haired woman chuckled and got up. "You're going to go out with that?" She asked and Camila nodded, walking to her front door. Lauren opened the door and helped the sick woman to her car.

Lauren watched as Camila make herself comfortable in her car seat to fall asleep and smiled. She reached behind and grabbed the jacket she always kept then passed it to the sick woman. The brunette took it and covered herself with it before falling asleep. Lauren smiled again and started to drive.

"You heard what the doctor said, get some rest. I need to go pick up Lara from school. Stay in bed." The CEO said, helping the café owner into her room.

Lauren's jaw dropped when Camila stopped beside her bed to take off her sweatpants then climbed into her bed. The older woman got a peek at her behind and blushed, going to the bathroom to get a towel. She wet the towel, squeezing out the excess and went back to the bedroom to place the towel over Camila's forehead. "Stay in bed, I'll be right back with Lara." She repeated then left the apartment.

The mother drove to her daughter's school and reached just in time when the students were released. Her green eyes skimmed through the crowd of children till her eyes laid on her daughter walking hand-in-hand with her best friend. The little girl made eye contact with her mother and a big grin appeared on her face. Lauren could sense the eagerness of the little girl wanting to run towards her but she was holding Mia's hand and didn't want to let go.