Chapter 7

The very day it all went down, I was heading down to a bar that Kian and his friends invited me to. It was late,  almost 7 when she saw me.

It's like I couldn't get away a way for her and believe me when I say I was trying. Yet here she was standing a few feet away from me.

She clenched bee jaw, giving me the evil eye. She walked over with heavy feet. "Wow its getting really annoying seeing you everywhere I go."

"Believe me, I'm not trying." I told her.

She eyed me, tip toeing to my eye level. I didn't get why she did that,  I was only a few inches taller than her.

"Okay, where are you going?"

I walked around her, "to met some friends."

She stands there leaning back. "You have friends?"

I didn't know whether to take it as a compliment or an insult. But why the way she said it, I could only concluded she thought I was a loner. Which was technically true, I tend to keep to myself.

"Yes." I answered.

"Really? Who are they? " she asked.

"You seem to like asking a lot of questions. "

"Well I'm a curious person." She states.

I turned the corner and walk into the bar when I see Kian sitting there by himself. As soon as I sit down, I looked over at Olive who couldn't believe her eyes.

Immediately she pulled up a chair and sat between us. "Your hanging out with him? " she asked Kian.

Kian nodded, shrugging his shoulder at the same time.  "What's wrong with that?"

"Yeah, what's wrong with that? " I chinned in.

She turned to me and flashes a big smile my way, before turning right back to Kian. She started yelling at him in a whisper, trying to disguise whatever she was saying.

I on the other hand just ignored it at the same time Andrew and Alex walked right in. They also pulled up chairs to the table right in the middle of the bar.

We sat in silence for a while, an awkward silence.

The guys tried to make the situation feel more welcoming, but it didn't work. Kian walked up towards me holding both Olive and my shoulders.

That's when the first bullet flew across from me. Everything was so slow. The movements that happened, how time seemed to tick away. Every was.

And then as soon as that bullet slide pass him and logged itself in someone's else's shoulder. That's when time slowly begin again.

The yells that erupted my ear drum as Olive jumped back, yelling at a now injured Kian.

Kian stared at his shoulder barely able to form coherent sentence as he faces widens and crinkles up and down.  The pain is surprising, shocking for him.

I grabbed Olive back telling everyone to stay calm. All there faces were sheer panic with a glimpse of fear.

But I knew who this was for. He just got in the way.

If I didn't turn my shoulder to him where he stood right behind me, I'll be the one with the bullet in the shoulder, probably in the heart.

This is why I stay to myself.  Thinks like this happened.

"Olive let's go!" I'm yelling at her. Trying to pull her out the front door, but it's not working. She's using all her force against me, to fall helplessly at Kian side.