Chapter 13

She pulls her shirt down, and turns back to help me up.

I allowed it.

"Are you alright? " she asked.

I shake her off, answering. "I'm fine." I looked around the place thankful that we didn't get anywhere near the candles, when Damien butted in.

"When did you learn to fight that like?" He folded his arms against his chest, one leg bend on the wall, in a cool guy stance.

"What a girl can't take self defense classes." She shruggs him off, "I am able to protect myself you know."

"We'll shit! You should have started off with that in the first place." I added.

She squinted her eyes at me, probably wishing I was dead right now. "Because I'm the helpless girl that needed 24 hour protection." She sarcastically added.

I had a blank expression. "Well I though-"

She shushed me, shaking her head. "And again you're wrong. Assuming doesn't get you any where, you should know that by now."

"Well is there any other things you think are important for us to know before we continue." Damien lead forwards, questioning her.

She flashes a sarcastic smile at him. "I like to draw." And walked towards the bathroom, where she slammed the door shut.

I jumped a bit, by how loud she closed it. "Can you believe that?" I wasn't addressing anyone. I was yelling at myself, mostly for even tolerating her for this long.

I threw my hands in the air, giving up on her. Sometimes I don't know why I even try.

It's people like her that just....irritate me to the bone. And to top it all off, she knews exactly what she was"doing."

I should be happy that she knew a little bit of this world that I've grown up in, but all I could think of was how much had already gone to her head.

She needed a reality check on the dangers of proving herself, of knowing too much.

So I came up with a plan, and the only person that could help me was sitting 3 feet away.

I walked over to Damien, who sat on the ground, playing with something.

He didn't bring his phone, he knew better. They can track it back here, and we'll all be screwed.

I walked over, sitting right beside him. I wasn't going to be direct all just yet. I was slowly going to build it up.

I already knew he'll do it, but I was more curious as in why he was here in the first place. "So are you going to explain why your here?"

Damien licked his lips. "Quick question. Was I supposed to follow him around?" He asked.

"Well I thought it was hinted." I told him.

"Well I wanted to make sure. It's not like I'm complaining, it's good to be back in the field." He stretches his arms out, before yawing.

I on the other hand just looked at him. I watched as he moved his body around, probably trying to find a comfortable angle on the ground.

"You were never in the field." I told him.

"Well if I had, I would have been amazing. " he jumps a bit with his mouth halfway opening forming the words in his head. "Dude just imagine it! I'll be in all black, walking around in like a trench coat, and pulling out my gun in slow mode because everything goes into slow mode, well... only for cool people. "

"Right?"

"And I wouldn't be stuck in this desk job."

"A job that makes a lot of money."

He scoffed. "Well yeah, it's my duty."

"So what have you checked out so far?"

He looks around maybe out of habit, because there's clearly no one around. "He's too predictable. "

I sighed. That's a bad thing. Being predictable is like giving the enemy exactly what they want. It's like your handling the answers to the test over because you didn't study.

Even though life doesn't work like that. Its just an example.

I stand up walking over to the bathroom. I could hear the water pouring down, and I could see steam coming underneath the doorway, probably fogging up the bathroom mirror.

I walked back over to Damien, smiling as I sat back down. "I need to ask you for a gift in the sense."

"What do you want me to do?" He looked concerned looking between the bathroom door, and me. I assumed he thought finish it, but I wasn't done with her yet.

"It's not what you're thinking." I made sure to make it clear. "I need you to give her a reality check."

He nodded, "ahhh, I see. The old hook."

I raised a brow at the name he called it, and just agreed with it. "Right. "

"All I want you to do is remind her of what's she's losing. That's it. "

"I'm not stupid. I get it. Make her remember, it's seriously not that hard. "

I nodded my head, hoping he knew exactly what I meant, and wasn't going to alter it in any way unless it was positive.

As soon as our conversation ended, Olive walked out the bathroom. Her hair was steaming, and wet.

"Jack! " she yelled for me. I stood up, and headed towards her direction.

"What is it now?" I asked.

She looked between Damien and I before pulling her head down.

"Hey, " I gently raised her head up. "What's the matter? "

"Is it possible that we could stop by the store?"

"Why? "

"It's probably not a good time to tell you my flow is increasing. "

"What?" I leaned in.

"Im making wine and there will be no stomping of the grapes at this point. "

"Huh?"

"It's the time of the month!" Damien yelled at me. "You know she's on her period."

"Oh," the moment of realization come through, and I stood in thought. "I'm sorry the wine?" I laughed.

I laughed so loud, she shrivel her lips, biting it.

"I read it somewhere, and it stuck okay."

"Yeah, that's totally natural."

------------

This chaper a little bit different, but hopefully you guys like it.

Comment what you think so far

like & share