Chapter 26

Damien knew exactly what he was doing when Olive left.  He planned it directly the way it went, that I had no choice but to call him the mastermind.

We had no idea where Olive would go, so we had to leave fast. Lucky all we needed was in the bag, and right in my hand. Damien ran down the stairs looking for her, while I struggled to find a comfortable position to carry the bag down to them.

When I finally got outside, the sunset shined bright into my eyes, that I angled myself away. I looked around to find them when I saw them sitting down on the grass. I walked over to them still struggling with this bag for some reason and threw the bag down.

"You okay?" Damien asked.

I nodded, making sure I wasn't making eye contact with Olive. 

She did the same.

"So..." she began, "What do we do?"

"Maybe we can call around?" Damien said. 

I looked down at him with a raised brow, "What was that going to do?" 

"I know someone that owes me a favour, we can cash it in."

"Yeah, that can work." Olive forced a smile. 

I stood there tired, and ready to get this over with. I didn't know at the time what was really going on with me, but Damien saw through it. With Kian out the picture I could get closer to my goal. But if he's back then my plan would take longer. Especially with her looking back at me as if I hold the answered to the world.

Damien walked off, pushing his phone to his ear. He was anxious as he tapped his foot repeatedly on the concrete ground.

I looked away, but realized, how wrong I would be to leave it at that.

I sat down next to her pulling up pieces of grass while taking a deep breath before turning to face her. "I get he's your best friend..." she slowly turned her face towards me. "And I know I was way out there, and I'm sorry."

She sighed heavily, trying to smile back at me. "I'm sorry to."

I nodded, realizing how hard this has to be for her. I turned away, continuing to pick up the grass below me until Damien walked back to us.

"I have one really good location." he chuckles, shaking his phone. He looked surprised, but at the same time he seemed as if he felt stupid.

"Well, " I started up, "were is it?" I asked.

He turned my way, scratching the back of his head. "You know that place when we were little we could see the whole city from?" he asked me.

My face slowly sank down, as I looked away.

Olive place her hand on my back, looking between the two of us. "What's there?" I stole a glimpse and saw her swallowing hard, ready for whatever Damien was about to tell her.

Damien walked over, taking a knee. He looked back at me, and I nodded for him to continue. he hesitated to tell her, and he didn't. "I'm sorry." he said.

There was too much apologizing going through the air that I said it instead. "You know that little piece of innocent you have when your a child?"

She stared at me with squinting eyes, confused. "What does that have to do with Kian?" she laughed slightly.

"Just answer the question." I sigh, saying softly

traveled between the two of us,  "I don't understand the question."

"Well when we were kids we saw something bad. Something 8 year old aren't supposed to see."

"What's that?"

I scoffed. "Its the same reason I can't get out no matter how much I want to."

Damien chocked. I've known Damien as a tough guy who wouldn't let anything get to him, but that day we say our first kill was different. yeah, he made him what he was today, but no kid would forget the tools, the scream, the plead for held.

"I've be so fucked in my head that's it not even funny anymore." I finally said. "And because of that we can't have normal lives. So after..." I hesitated. But after these moments with her, Kian and Damien I knew normal was way out of my league. "After this I never want to see you again."

"Jack..." she tried to touch me, but I quickly moved away.

I stand above her, "when this is over this is done, we're done. You need to never find me and trust me, I won't find you."

Damien stood up, and started up the car. Olive looked away, trying to figure out what was wrong with me, but she'll be here for a while.  But for a moment it seemed as if she was okay with my irrational explanation.

I know I still can't point out the exact moment I got fucked.

_____

I kinda rush this chapter because I haven't updated in a  while, and Its spring break so I will finally have time to write.

comment what you think

like & share