Chapter 17

A sudden knock from the door captured my attention.

"Who is it?" I yelled.

"Room service. "
I squinted turning my attention to her, "didn't I tell you not to order any food. "

She shook her head, frighten by my eyes. "I didn't do it. Honestly. "

I believed her.

There was no need to lie, so I motion for her to hide in the bathroom tub, and lay there while I walk up to the door standing to the side.

She did just that and quietly too.

I walked over to the door,  "I'm coming. " I say.

I turned my gun to face the door, as I slowly opened the door. When I opened it, a little scrawny kid stood there shaking at the sight of my gun.

"Room service. " he chocked.

I pulled it down, staring at the silver that covered up the food. "What is it?"

"I don't know.  They told me too bring it here." Then he ran off, leaving the tray at the between the door.

I called after Olive. She came out the bathroom, and stared at the silver tray just like me.

"What is it? " she asked.

"I don't know. " I started bitting the inside of my mouth before I told her to grab everything. "We're checking out."

"Okay."

I stopped in my tracks for a second.  From the moment we got in the car and to now, she just said okay. I mean she didn't ask any questions to why we're leaving or anything,  and honestly it felt werid.

Like I needed her to agree with me, or something.

She handed me the bag, and we rushed down the hallway, when the elevator opened. For a glimpse I saw suits, and that's all I need to look around until I found the stairs.

Shots started firing as we ran down the stairs. I thought about how obvious it would be run all the way down, so we stopped a few levels down, hearing footstep follow all the way down.

You could hear them yelling at each other, but right now we needed to find a room.

Frantically we looked everywhere until a short bald man cane out his door. I rushed over before he could properly close the door.

"Hey!" The man shouted,  but I pushed pat him inside.

"Hey! You two, out! Now!"

I pulled out my gun and aimed it at his face. "All we need is a place."

He nods slowly backing towards the now closed door.

A voice yelled after him and soon came out a semi naked women who looked half his age.
I loved my gun to keep out of sight.

"Everything's fine, just go back inside."

She looks around, throwing her head of curly hair behind her.she didn't say a word.  Instead she watched intensely before heading to the other room.

"Look if it's cash I have it. Just please don't kill me I have a family."

As soon as he said that, I turned to face Olive, who's face was stunned and shocked. She seemed worried about this low life, but I wasn't.

A part of me wanted to do something,  wanted to hurt him just for saying that. It's like this man didn't care about any lone this would effect,  it's like this, life, was just a game.

And I hated that.

I finally answered him with a "what?"

"Did my wife send you?"

Now I was really confused. "What kind of-"

"Jack." I stopped.  Olive had just interrupted me, and I didn't know why.

"We don't have to do anything.  He's not part of this."

"I'm not going to kill him."

"Then why do you have a gun to his face."

My eyebrows frowned. I was confused. I had lowered it, but apparently I didn't.  Because right in first of me was just that.

I started to shake the gun. My head was unsteady. And then...and then I dropped it.

I let go as say whole body shut down,  and I fell to the ground, kneeling hitting it.

They're hurting now.

From the corner of my eye I see Olive take the gun, and put the safety back on.

I didn't know she could do that.

She walked over kneeling down at my side. "Is everything okay?"

I wanted to tell her no. I wanted to let it all go. My feelinhs, my emotions,  my thoughts.

But I didn't't.

"I'm fine." I told her pushing her off, as I stood you.

The man now looked potentially worried about me, and I didn't know what to do, but apologies.

"I'm sorry. " I say.

He nodded. 

"I'm sorry about this, but that you for letting us in." Olive said.

He nods again, watching ad we leave his room. He closes the door quickly, as Olive brings her attention to me.

"What? " I questioned walking towards the elevator.

"What was that?  It's like you had a short breakdown."

"I'm fine."

She scoffs, "of course your fine. It's not like your going to tell me otherwise."

She quickens her speed heading across the street to slam my car door.

"Your mad at me?" I asked,  getting in.

"You could have killed the guy, but no...you won't tell me why. How I'm I supposed or trust you if you can't even explain your action.  That you can't even explain it to yourself."

"I'm fine." I say again.

She shakes her head. "Can we go?"

"Where?"

"I don't know! Your supposed to know and I'm supposed to find out."

I got it, she was mad, it just that right then I needed time to think. Yet her behaviour had got me wondering.

I felt like I was putting her I'm danger. That she had the right to know why I was so messed up according to her I guess.

--------

I'm sorry for rushing this, hopeful it's good.

Comment what you think

Like & Share

P.s. hopefully this thanksgiving break I'll be able to actually write some good stuff.