Chapter 12

We drove and drove and drove.

Almost out of the city,  but not quite yet. I watched from a far how she kept herself together, sleeping. It's like every time we stop, I learn something more about her that I don't want too.

Because the more I know, the harder it'll be to watch her die.

The first thing on the list was an address.  I had never been there before, but right now that's all I'm actually listening too.

I don't know if this is a trap or not, all I know is what I've been told.

"Where is this place?"  She yawns. Olive stretches her arms, as she gets up and sits up on her side.

"According to the paper were supposed to go to an old warehouse. "

She nodded, looking out the window. "Are you sure this is right?"

"I'm pretty sure." I answered.  I drive up to a dark brownish red building that was discolored. There was street lights, making it easier to see where I was about to park at.

She get out first, with her eyes on the building the whole time.

I walked to the side, staring at the building the entire time too.  "So...what do you think? "

"Is it safe?"

I was about to open my mouth when something scattered acrossed our path. I jump up a bit, watching it go. "I hope so."

Sh chuckles. "That's probably the most honest opinion I've  heard from you this entire nightmare of a night."

I watched as she slowly walks up on the building, thinking.  I stopped when I realized how close she was to opening the door, even at the pace she was taking.

I rush to the back of my car, grabbing the bag, them ran after her. I reached the door before she could. She looks at me as if I'm being overdramtic, but I'm taking the right risk here.

I tell her to stay behind me, as I slowly open the door.

Nothing was in there but a faulty light and a chair. I had a bad feeling about this, but she pushed passed me walking right in.

"What are you doing?" I whispered loudly.

She points to the stairs to the left. "I'm going up."

I stared at it. I arched my back running over to her. I grabbed her arm, turning her around. "You don't walk into an abandoned building that had a scary light and a chair in the middle by your self."

"Because your an expert."

"Clearly you haven't played an video games." I state.

She ignores me pulling her hand back, and walking up the stairs.

Hours ago she's scared of leaving my side, and now she's acting all brave and fearless.  Can't she pick an feeling so I don't have to over think every single thing she does.

I adjust the bag, and walk up the stairs too. When I reached the top, she stood there with her hands to her side.

"Olive?" I called her name, but she didn't move. I rush up to her. "Olive, what is....it?"

In front of me was something unbelievable. 

I was actually right.

Right in front of me was the definition of a safe house. There was a redish purple bed in front of me, right in the middle.  Candles solurround the place, as a rack of clothes were to the  right side of this all. The ground was a dirty brown color of wood.