Chapter 9

The best place for her to hide for a short while was my apartment.

We were only there because I had to get a few things out of my emergency compartment. In other words the bullets.

If working with my father has taught me anything, it would be always be perpared.

We walked in, and she followed me right into my messy room. Determine to be at my side all the time. I'm surpised really. After all the endless talking of how she didn't care, here she was standing right behind me.

Them again, I supposed people say that, but don't really mean it.  They want to live, I wanted to live to.

"What are you looking for?" She asked.

I looked back at her, shaking my head before turning back to my closet that I was rushing through. I was trying to find the keypad that they installed,  but it wasn't there. Which was weird because I was pretty sure that this was the closet they put it in.

"Hey!" She called out. I looked back at her. Her eyes brows were raised, as her arms were folded against her chest. "What are you doing?"

"I'm looking for something." I murmured.

"Like what?"

I dismissed her. "You wouldn't even know what it is anyway."

"Why with me being a women and all?"

"Is never said that." I rolled her my eyes at her. She was the queen of assuming things, as if it's that obvious.
"Well if you wanted my help, I'll say you were looking for something that's usually om the wall. Like I don't know, maybe a passcode thing?"

"What?"

She walked over, still with raised brows and crossed arms. She looked around my closet, before pressing a button that was above my head.

"I didn't see that. " I scoffed at her talent. "How did you know that? "

"My dad was into James Bond, you know before he sucked."

"The Professor is into James bond."

"That's not my dad." She states.

"What? I thought... everybody told me-"

"Well they're wrong."

"Well if he's not your dad, who is he." I asked curioused.

"My step father. My mother remarried when I was like 16."

I nodded. "So what, she made you go to his college."

"Don't be silly." She shakes her head. "I always wanted to go here,  it's just happened to be were he worked."

"Wow."

"I know right,  you probably thought I was an open book. "

I furrowed my eyebrows at her."No...I just thought.- you seemed huh, never mind."

It was better to give up now instead of going into another arguments,  because it seemed like that's all we did.

"Okay?"

I pressed the numbers making sure that she wasn't looking at my fingers after I let go.

The back of my closest slowly opened itself up revealing a glock 57, desert eagle, as I shoved all of them inside.

"That's a lot of toys. " she commented.

I nodded, not taking my eyes off them. I hadn't seen then since they were installed my freshman year of college,  so 3 years.

I was just happy my password was the same for everything.

My birthday.

I looked around my messy room looking for the black duffle bag  that could easily fit everything inside.

When I found it, I threw all if it in.  Not leaving a single thing out in the open.

"Do you need all of that? " she asked, staring at me as I packed it all up.

"Do you want to die?" I countered.

That shut her right up. She walked away from me  with hands held hight above her head, towards the living room. I on the other hand kept at it. I looked around for my small pocket knife that was a present from my mother.

As soon as I was done,  I walked into the living room just as glass shattered.

I hunched over, covering my face,  as I quicken my pace to where she was . She hid behind the kitchen counter,  covering her ears. I crawled towards her,  hiding as well.

"Are you okay?"

She turned to me frighten,  but nodded. "Yeah."

I knew we couldn't stay here. They'll kill her before we even started,  so I timed it all.

I calculated the amount of time it would take me to get to the door. I reached over to grab the duffle bag, when I felt nothing but shattered glass. Instantly,  my head turned, looking around for it. When my eyes landed on it, I sighed.

"Of course."

I had left it behind the couch,  which meant I had to calculated that into the equation.

12 seconds.

"Listen, I want you to head towards the door. I'll met you outside, after I get the bag. "

She nodded her head rapidly,  waiting for me to tell her when.

"Go." I whispered.

She ran to the door that was a few feet away, and closed the door behind her. As I ran towards the bag. I slide down, knowing that the shards of glass could louge itself in my leg, but it was a risk I was willing to take.

I grabbed the bag, and ran straight to the door.

I sighed, closing it behind me. Looking up at her, I made sure to check if she  was alright.

She seemed to be breathing heavily,  as her hand was placed over her heart.

"Are you okay?'

She nodded, taking taking a deep breath. "Yeah I'm fine."

"Well we gave to go."

She followed closely huffing, and puffing. I figure she was trying to wrap her mind about what just happened.

But I knew it was a warning. A warning for me to stay away, to leave this as it is. But I couldn't do that, I caused this.

-----------
I hope you guys are liking it a lot even though it's shorter than usual.

Comment what you think

Like & share