Chapter 8

Well I was right.

About it all.

About everything.

I watched as she told me everything that I wanted to hear in the first place. Just another confirmation to another.

"Is that what you wanted to hear?" She titled her head, squinting her eyes at me.

"Yes." I stood up. "It wasn't that hard was it?"

"Now-" she began until Damien walked in.  He looked between the two of us before walking up to me.

"Well, your friend okay. The bullet barely missed any major arteries."

Olive grinned widely at that fact. She walked over to him, hugging him tightly as she thanked him. When she let go, she asked to see him. Damien moved back a bit letting her pass.

She smiled, rushing to his room.

Damien on the other hand was particularly quiet. To quite for my liking. I walked over to him, crossing my arms against my chest. "So...what aren't you telling me?"

"What do you mean?" He's rubbing his hands together  not looking my way.

"I mean how you didn't complain when she hugged you, and the fact you would have been telling me to do something. "

Damien wasn't a hugger, and was very bossy in his own special way if you haven't noticed yet.

He started to relax his shoulders by rubbing them, then cracking his neck. He saw staring at the ground with his mouth half way open.

I could tell he was scared to tell me, but I couldn't figure out what it was.

"Its my fault. " it came out as a whisper. A faint sound that I barely heard.

"What's your fault?" I asked.

He looked up, murmuring the words. "I talked to your dad."

"You talked to my father!"

He nodded aggravated. "Yes. And I am so sorry! I didn't think he would go this far!"

"Hold up, tell me what actually going on."

He sighed, taking a deep breath. " I told your father about our little problem and he said he would take care of it before he leaves."

That's when it hit me. My father version of taking care of things wasn't a sit down and asking questions.  It was shot first then if was in the mood, ask questions.  And the fact that I now just realized that my father is heading to New York for a week scares me.

How was I supposed to protect her?

"So your telling me Kian wasn't the intended target. That they missed her on purpose."

"A warning shot."

"I was never the target."

"You were never the target."

He repeats it as if it makes a difference.  It's does, I get to hear it from someone else, to let it sink in.

From the few encounters I had with Olive I know for a fact that she was not going to like this. She didn't even seem like the wild type. More like the in control type of  girl that hates surprises.

"Well we have to tell her. " I told him.

He agreed, nodding his head.

"Just want you to know, you might get slapped.  She seems aggressive. "

"Yeah, I could see that."

"Well don't worry. You have enough practice in that department." I patted his back, walking away. I heading towards his room knocking on the door.