Hail Kalinga

There was a time when our Bharat was made up of many different kingdoms. One of the most prominent ones was Maghada. This kingdom was ruled by the Nand dynasty. Maghada had a significant amount of power....but it wasn't enough in the eyes of Acharya Chanakya.

He was one of the renowned Acharya's of the Taxila armory training, and he had a conspiracy to get hold of Maghada after some dispute with the king!

So he found a commoner shudra man by the name of Chandragupta, and together they plotted and succeeded in taking over the throne of Maghada! Ugh!

Not only that, but they took over the neighboring kingdoms, that too by deceit! And soon the rest of kingdoms realized the real plan Acharya had in mind...to take over all of India!

They expanded farther and farther, taking over kingdoms all the way up till the Roman border! Even after Chandraguptha left, his son Bindusara managed to expand!

But...there was only one Kingdome that withstood it all!

Can you guess!

"Kalinga!", the men chanted.

The people of Kalinga were a proud people. They had no king, nor a queen, just the people. The people were the king, the people were the queen, and the people were the subjects!

Maghad could do whatever, but the men would keep on fighting, and the women would never dare shed a tear. They were too prideful.

The general looked with determination at the men, "Borders secure"

They stomped their arrowed staffs on the ground, "Ji!"

"Hail Kalinga!"

To the people of Kalinga, Maghad had always had its eyes on the Kingdom, but they would stay strong, giving Maghad a number of failed attempts to break the structure.

"You will never be able to conquer us Maghad..."