11.

The ride with Alois was fun.

We screamed songed.

We danced.

We joked.

      Well. . . . He did all of that stuff. I don't openly sing, dance, and I'm not funny. So I was mostly just him. The ride to camp was long, around five hours, but when we arrived I was surprised. It was a woodsy kind of area, some trees but enough room for a tent, a fire, possibly other things. There was trees surrounding the small area, making the room we have very circular. Alois hops out of the car and pops the trunk.

      Alois dragged out a tent, a chair, sleeping bags, and other things. I start to feel a bit left out.  I honestly brought one bag, even though my parents in the past were huge camping fans and I could have brought along at least something. In this small moment of guilt, a high pitched voice I know and love breaks me from my thoughts.

"Ciel! Help me with the tent please~" he sings.

      Of course, I walk over and help him set up the tent, this process took around thirty minutes, along with filling it with the sleeping bags and our clothing and such. It was strange honestly, Alois was hurrying like he wasn't trying to miss something, screaming at me like a mother would at her children when she accidently slept in on a school day.

      Everything had been set up in around an hour, and somehow Alois had gotten a fire started in the little fire pit that was provided here. It was around the middle of the day, and Alois and I were just laying in the tent, talking and staring upward.

"Why did you decide to take me camping again?"

"I have something special planned. I wanted you to experience it with me. You looked like you had no clue what today was, so I wanted to make sure you got to see it with me."

"Well. . . What is happening today?"

"Here, take these."

"What?"

"Just take them."

He hands me some glasses. They look like cheap movie theater glasses for a 3D movie. He already had his pair on, and the cover of the tent off. He was staring right at the sun, and he wasn't moving at all! Was he trying to go blind?

"Alois-- what are you-"

"Just put them on, and look up. I promise it won't hurt you."

I trusted that.

     I put on the glasses, and I look up toward the sun, I was surprised honestly, I thought that I was going to see a giant blinding ball of fire. But I didn't, I only saw the solar eclipse. It was about to completely cover the sun. I was surprised, I completely missed this?! Thank the universe for Alois.

"How is it looking?"

"Great. . ."

"Yeah, I know."

       Alois stood up, and grabbed my hand before aggressively pulling me outside and looking up. He took off his glasses, and I took off mine, and I saw something I never thought could exist. It was covering it, and it looked beautiful. No words can describe the feelings I felt when watching this. Only one thing made it ten times better. Alois. I look over to him, and he was looking at me already. I decided that this was it, I needed to make the bold move. I grab his shoulders and close the space between us.

Now this felt infinite.

It wasn't hard, it wasn't aggressive, it was a gentle and soft kiss.

      Fireworks exploded around us, making my heart beat quickly, and butterflies flutter around in my stomach. I never felt this way before with Elizabeth. Was this love? Or was this the feeling of simply kissing my best friend? Or simply a male? No, this was special. Really special. But before I knew it, we pulled away.

Stupid humans.

Needing stupid oxygen.

I hate oxygen.

----------

641 words

not edited