twenty two

sorry that I didn't update yesterday, I was really tired and my writing would've been shit!! this is short, but the next ones won't be. I want something out for now, so here's this.

"Sooooo," Dan says, extending the o. "Wanna come to my house?"

"Uh, sure, I guess. If that's okay, I mean."

"Yeah, it's fine. My parents are at work, so it's just my brother in."

"You have a brother?" I ask; as it hasn't come up in conversation before, but I don't know why it would.

"Yeah, well, kinda-ish. It's complicated shit, like non-binary stuff, I dunno."

"What are they called?"

"Kaidan." He responds, messing with his nails.

"So you're called Dan, and they're called Kaidan? Your family must love the word 'Dan'." I say, laughing at myself, which is pretty pathetic.

Dan joins in, laughing. "I never really noticed that." He states, grabbing his school bag to take back to his house. 

We pull on our shoes, walking out of the door. I've just realised that I've never been to Dan's house. I've never been to anyone else's house, ever. Our fingers lace together as we walk, and I smile at it. Of course, my feelings towards Dan may be a little bit more than platonic, but this is chaste, and I love it. I just love the feeling of being close to someone, romantically or not.

Not too long later, we reach his house, someone stood by the side of the house, smoking.

"I swear whenever I get home you're smoking!" Dan shouts, playfully at them. 

They lift their hands up, before flickering their eyes towards me, pulling out their cigarette to talk. "Are you Phil?" They ask, and I nod my head. "I'm Kaidan." 

I nearly say 'I know', but that'd be weird, so I go with it. They extend out their hand to me, and I shake, having never done that before, so I probably do it wrong somehow. "Be nice to Danny." They say with a smile, going back to where they were, leaning up against the wall, fag lifted back up to their lips immediately.

We don't do much once we walk into the house, just lazing around and talking, each of us laughing at every little thing. Our eyes lock on multiple occasions, blushes flooding our cheeks even more. It's more than I ever imagined I could have in life.