Twenty-Six- Northwest Realizes His Mistake

"Hey. Gids!" I said, shaking his shoulders.

"Mabel, calm down. And don't shake him so much, you might hurt him." When I'd first met Gideon, I never imagined that one day he'd be unconscious and shirtless laying on the couch. I tried to ignore the latter though and just focused on the unconscious part.

"What's wrong with him? Is he going to be okay?" Ford shook his head.

"I can't tell. He has a bad fever." He glanced over at me. "Get that washcloth damp and put it on his forehead." I did as he said.

"What do you think Pacifica did to him?" I asked.

"Mabel, in my personal experience, I do not believe this to be the work of Pacifica Pleasure."

"Then what is it?" Ford froze.

"It's nothing. You shouldn't worry about that." I crossed my arms.

"Stanford Filbrick Pines, you promised  me you'd tell me everything." Ford shuddered.

"Please, never do that again. You sounded like my mother." I smirked, and he sighed. "But, a promise is a promise." He sat down on the floor. I sat across from him.

"Storytime!" I said playfully.

"The year was 1977. After graduating from college three years ahead of schedule, I came to Gravity Falls Oregon to study the paranormal. I spent six years studying it. But by then, I had realized that there was something more going on. Magic. Demons. Interdimensional beings!" He cleared his throat. "By then I wanted to learn all that I could. And by the time I had, it was already too late."

"What does this have to do with Gideon?" I asked.

"Mabel, I've experienced things that most humans could never dream of being possible. I've boarded an alien spacecraft. I've time traveled. I've left this dimension. And I've gotten hurt. Badly." He sighed and looked at Gideon. "And that's what I believe has happened to your friend. He's witnessed the power of an all-powerful being. I'd hate to see what's left of Pacifica." Before I could ask what he meant, he stood up. "I'm going to go make a pot of coffee. You stay here." I sat on the couch next to Gideon, worried. I sighed.

"I just don't know what else Ford can do for you, Gids." I lamented, looking at my friend. "I just hope you're okay." I sat there in silence for a moment. Suddenly, I heard the sound of glass breaking in the kitchen. "Ford? Are you okay?" I called. My uncle came rushing in a moment later.

"No time to clean! Hand me that bag, now!" Ford cleared a place on the table he'd pulled out of a closet and started arranging different containers. I handed him the bag and he took it quickly, grabbing ingredients from it as he needed them. "A glass of water, now!" I ran into the kitchen and avoided the broken pieces of the coffee pot on the ground to get to the sink. 

"You know, Melody's going to be really mad when she sees this mess tomorrow," I commented, coming back with the water.

"Less worrying about Melody, more worrying about saving his life!" Ford kept miking different things and muttering something that definitely was not English under his breath. In the end, he held up the glass I'd given him, which was now filled with a misting white liquid.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Something that was given to me long ago. Open his mouth." I did, and Ford poured the mystery liquid down Gideon's throat.

"What if he chokes?"

"Trust me, he won't." Ford stood up. "I'm going into town to pick up some pain relievers."

"For Gideon?" I asked. Ford looked at me like I was crazy.

"Are you kidding? We can't give him any medication! This is for the headache I'm bound to get. You stay here and look after him if he wakes up." I nodded, and Ford left. I watched over Gideon carefully, waiting for any sign of change.