Thirty Four-Diva

***

Pacifica Pleasure hadn't held a stage show in weeks and had only held one private seance since arriving in Gravity Rises. Not even her parents or staff ever saw the girl, they simply brought her food and when they returned it was gone. She'd specifically told them not to bother her after all, hadn't she?

Unbeknownst to everyone ut Gideon Northwest, Pacifica had lost her mind ever since the demon Bill Cipher had entered her mind.

At the moment, the girl was sitting at her vanity mindlessly scrawling away with crayons. The small trailer was full of purple dresses each more dreadful than the last but they were nothing compared to the absolute tragedy that was her show tent turned headquarters for power. Bill Cipher couldn't stand having to guide her to use his power in such shambled tent remains but it would have to do.

"Crescent Moon!" The demon shouted, attempting to draw the girl from her haze. The girl simply giggled in response. Bill sighed and conjured himself a martini. If Pacifica had been annoying before, she'd become incredibly unbearable now that she was practically a child. "I've given you my power as you wished and yet you've done nothing! This is why I always collect on my half first. I need that information on Pine Tree and in order to get it  I need you to train!" Pacifica continued to ignore him.

Bill groaned as he sipped on his martini and made his way into the destroyed tent. He couldn't gain entrance to Pine Tree's mind, he needed Crescent Moon to do that. Hopefully entering Lone Wolf's mind would do the trick at the current moment.

The Northwest Manor was in flames. Was was an exaggeration, to put it more accurately the Northwest Manor had been in flames that had since died down. In the remains of the grand foyer stood young Gideon Northwest, staring intently into the embers of what used to be his family portrait.

"Why the long face, Lone Wolf?" Gideon shook his head and stared up into the dark sky.

"I've been tracking the stars. My father taught me years ago how useful it would be."

"Finally lost your marbles after burning all your bridges? Or should I say homes?" The demon laughed to himself gleefully. Gideon glared at him.

"The stars haven't moved, not one bit since Mabel arrived in Gravity Rises. In fact, the only thing I've noticed change here since then is the arrival of Pacifica Pleasure, although I already know she's your pawn." Bill rolled his eye. The girl wasn't nearly useful enough to be his pawn. Not yet at least.

"Your point being? I still have half a martini waiting for me in the tent of telepathy and I don't want it if the ice has melted." Gideon turned his whole body to Bill and leaned in.

"Why would it appear that no time has passed at all? You've altered the reality of this town, haven't you?" Bill laughed.

"Kid, you of all people should know that reality is an illusion." The Northwest brat still glared at him. Bill narrowed his eye. "And watch how far you dig. Get too deep and you'll end up the same way that Stanford Pines ended. Pity." And with a snap of his finger, Bill was back t his martini, the ice still frozen and all.

***

Mabel didn't wake up that night spent in the woods. She was too busy dreaming about her brother, Dipper, and wondering if she'd ever see him again now that she'd run away. But if she had, she would have witnessed Gideon Northwest wakes up in a cold sweat and check to make extra sure she was safe. And she would have noticed him look up to examine the stars. Because he was right.

The stars really hadn't moved since Mabel arrived in Gravity Rises.

Northwest-Pines Mystery Huntersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें