Thirty Three-Pines's betrayal

"C'mon Gids." I whispered, holding his hand as I led him downstairs.

"For God's sake, I'm right behind you!" I stopped abruptly when we reached the bottom of the stairs and dropped his hand, walking towards the kitchen.

"Ah, there you are Mabel. I tried my hand at dinner tonight!" Ford said cheerfully, holding out a pot Mac'n Cheese.

"Geez Ford, you really outdid yourself tonight." Ford smiled and turned back towards the stove.

"This won't be too plain for Mister billionaires-son will it?" He asked, his tone mocking.

"Mr. Pines, I was a child too. Even I enjoy Mac'n Cheese." Gideon said, spooking Ford. I pulled Gideon over to the table and sat down with him as Ford served us, grumbling about being an old man doing hard work.

A few minutes into dinner, I reached my hand across underneath the table and grabbed Gideon's hand, causing him to jump a bit.

Unfortunately for me, Ford noticed it and gave me an odd look.

"So, what were you two doing up there for all that time?"

"Talking." I said, at the same time Gideon said "Reading."

"So you two were talking and reading?" I glanced at Gideon, who stayed calm in the way only Gideon could.

"We were taking while reading. Mabel has an excellent taste in fiction, and we were discussing some of our favorite books." I blushed. I sincerely doubted that Gideon would say that if he knew how many Vampire-Werewolf romance novels I owned. What could I say, Dipper got me into them.

"Really?" Ford asked, looking at me. I barely nodded. "And Mabel, you remember what we spoke about earlier, correct?" I nodded again, even though I hadn't exactly followed my agreement to not tell Gideon anything.

"What's that?" Gideon asked.

"None of your business." Ford said sternly. Gideon looked at me questioningly, and I shot him a pleading look. He nodded subtly and looked back to Ford.

"Anyhow, we still need to figure out what Bill wants with Pacifica." Ford shrugged.

"I'm just as lost as you are."

"Come on Ford, we know he wants to send our world into chaos, you said so yourself." Both Ford and Gideon looked at me. "What?"

"Mabel! I told you we weren't going to discuss it."

"That's it." Gideon said, looking between the two of us. "You told Mabel what Cipher wants from Pacific's and made her promise not to tell me!" Ford rested his head in his hands.

"Mabel, what did you tell him?" I shook my head.

"Nothing, I swear!"

"She told me enough." Gideon said, standing up.

"Mabel, did you tell him about the lab?" Ford asked, rising. Neither of them broke eye contact.

"No, I didn't say anything about it!" I said, standing up as well. I wished Gideon has just kept his mouth shut.

"She said nothing, but she didn't have to. I already know how you feel about me."

"Guys-"

"So you do, do you?" Ford asked. Gideon nodded.

"I know that you don't trust me. I also know that you think I'm going to take advantage of Mabel." I reached out and grabbed Gideon's arm.

"Can't we just calm down?"

"Mabel!" Ford yelled. "Get away from him."

"No." I said, gulping. "Gideon's right. You don't trust him. But you should." Ford shook his head.

"Just go. Don't listen to me. But you'll regret it. The Northwest family has always been deceitful and will never change." Gideon and I both glared at Ford for a moment before I dragged him back upstairs.

"I'm sorry, Gideon. I didn't think he'd be like that." Gideon glared at the ground. "Gideon?"

"I have to go Mabel. Tonight. I need to finish this." He looked up at me. "I need to save Pacifica."

"Save her? You mean stop her!" He shook his head.

"No. She may be infected with madness now, but deep down she's still my best friend. And I'm getting her back."

(A/N) Whoop! I'm going to go over this entire book with Grammarly tomorrow because I'm thinking about the GF Wattys.