Kabanata 4

I quietly followed him as we entered the lift

I quietly followed him as we entered the lift. Tumayo ako sa pinakalikod at pinakagilid habang ‘yong mga pisngi ay nag-iinit pa rin nang husto mula sa ginawa niyang paghalik. Under different circumstances with a different man, I would have felt offended being kissed the way he kissed me. But because he was the man I was foolishly in love with, I had liked the kiss. It gave me pleasure unlike anything I had ever felt before. And if that kiss in the airport had been mindblowing, the kiss in the parking lot was earth-shattering.

Lorin, you were so helpless! I thought to myself.

“Come in,” he said, gesturing a hand to me when we arrived at the penthouse. “This way is my room.”

Halos bingihin ako ng lakas ng kalabog ng dibdib ko habang inihahakbang ang mga paa papasok. I knew his penthouse to be exclusive, grand at most. I had been here that time we talked about Las Vegas, but still, nothing had prepared me for what I would find now that I was having a full view.

Money.

The whole floor screamed luxury.

Gottfred walked ahead of me, led me the way, and entered his room, but he quickly reappeared when he probably noticed I was not following him.

“Lorin,” tawag niya. “Here!”

Hinila ko ang mga paa patungo sa kaniya. When I was finally inside his room, I was immediately glued to the floor, a knife strucking at my heart seeing the only decoration inside—a nude black and white painting of him and my twin.

I blinked heavily as I stared at the portrait on top of his bed. Loris’ naked back was turned away while facing sideways, only showing her side profile. Gottfred, on the other hand, was hugging her, biting on her left shoulder while wearing a sexy, formidable smirk on his lips. I didn’t exactly know how to describe it. Actually, it was not sexually offending but rather sensually enticing.

Beautiful yet painful.

I was only pulled back to the present when I heard Gottfred’s footsteps coming from behind me. I turned around to face him and my face immediately blushed seeing him in already nothing but his black boxer shorts.

My eyes steadied on his face, not daring to look at his naked chest and down more. Pakiramdam ko ay hihimatayin ako anumang oras kapag tumingin ako roon.

Because I had never seen a man almost naked in my life.

“You can use the bathroom here to freshen up,” aniya. “And just choose what to wear from Loris’ wardrobe that way,” aniya pa sabay turo sa direksyon noong tinutukoy niya.

He left without waiting for my response, taking with him a sleek burgundy suit.

Pumasok ako sa closet na tinutukoy niya. And my expectations were met—every item within was a testament to the utmost opulence that money could procure, making me ponder the extent of our family’s affluence. Once more, we were certainly well-off, but the wealth of the Figuerroas surpassed ours by a significant margin.