The King?

Imani

*Honk! Hoooonnnk!*

Breaking out of my trance, I pressed down on the accelerator. I can't believe I just met him, the King who's going to speak at my Graduation.

I also can't believe how handsome he looked in real life. I swear I thought KC and Will were just over exaggerating.

*Ringtone*

"Hi Anderson," I bellowed, to the phone on speaker.

"Where the h-ll are you?!"

"You could talk in a normal tone you know?"

"Where are you Imani Adu?"

"I'm turning into the campus lot right now," I lied.

"Hurry up," she spat, before the line went dead.

"You'll be alright Andy," I chuckled, as I kept driving down the somewhat non congested highway. I'm literally late for the preparations, but I could care less. I just got through having a having a miniature convo with a world leader, and I couldn't feel even more strangely happy about it.

I'm only about five minutes away, so I'm not lying a whole lot to Andy. But still, once she gets upset with anyone about something, she won't let up. It's annoying yes, but that's what makes her an awesome a-s editor-in-chief.

I finally pulled into the campus parking lot and drove to my spot. Seeing everyone walking with their loved ones reminded me of my family. The last time I talked to my Foster parents was early this morning. So I guess now is a good time to give them a call just to make sure they're okay.

The phone only rung two times before she answered, "Hey Miss Imani!"

"Hey Auntie!" I sung. "Have you and Uncle Dan made it yet?"

"We're ten minutes away my love. How did your interview go?"

"I knocked it outta the park," I confidently replied.

"That's my girl! I knew you could do it,"

"Heck yeah. Well, I gotta go get ready and I don't wanna keep you guys on the phone. Call me when you get here,"

"Okay my love. See you when we get there,"

"Alright," I replied, before hanging the phone up. Now that I know that they're safe and almost here, I'm feeling more relaxed about today. Now all I have to do is face the wrath of Anderson herself.

"What took you so long?" she fumed, as I walked into her office.

"I uh, ran into some traffic,"

"Bullsh-t b-tch,"

"Aye, why I gotta be a b-tch?" I laughed.

"Because, you're lying to me,"

I huffed deeply as I realized I can't keep this from her any longer. "I met someone today,"

"Who? Were they worth being late?"

"Somewhat,"

"Don't get smart with me," she sounded just like my foster mom.

"Okay! Okay! So I met, him,"

"Who the f-ck are you tal-"

"The King, Anderson,"

"The King?"

I nodded. "Yes, Andy! The one that's speaking at out graduation ceremony,"

"Wait, what?"

"He was at the same building as my interview. It was so weird how I bumped into him there. Not to mention he had the most handsomest face-"

"Don't go into detail with that gushy stuff,"

"What?" I laughed. "Don't you wanna know how-"

"I do, but right now we gotta start getting prepared," she grabbed my arm. "Now come on!"

After that conversation I barely had time to even sit down. So much was going on at the same time that everything felt like a tornado of chaos. The good kind of chaos, if that makes sense.

My foster parents eventually made it to the school so I was able to slip away from Anderson and everyone, and guide them to their seats.

"How was the drive Uncle?" I asked, as I led them to the increasing stadium of people.

"It was just fine. Hit some traffic but that was because we didn't leave early enough, thanks to your Aunt Annie,"

"Daniel. Stop it," she hushed him, as the both of us laughed. Yes, biologically they're my Aunt and Uncle. Due to some incidents and family conflicts however, they're my foster parents and I honestly wouldn't want to have it any other way.

"Hey, you guys got the good seats!" I rejoiced. "Y'all can see pretty ol' me when I get my diploma."

"We better! With all that money that's been spent for your education!" he joked.

"We'll be right here waiting for you honey," Aunt Annie smiled. "Go get ready."

"Yes ma'am," I smiled, before I walked back to the Psychology building. As soon as I walked back inside, everyone was gathered around Anderson talking.

"Finally someone shows up," she calls me out, as the rest of the team started hooping and hollering.

"Sorry! I had to go help out with my family,"

"Annie and Dan are here?" asked KC, after I walked over to her.

"Yep. I just got through talking with them. You wanna go say hi real quick?"

"Nah. Not with Anderson being as anxious as she is currently," she laughed.

After Anderson finished her mini speech (basically just giving us the review of the day), we dispersed into finishing up the rest of our duties. All of it consisting of both graduation and last minute prep for the King.

"Are you excited for the interview Imani?" she asked.

"Oh, Andy told you I was interviewing him?"

"She did before she began talking to everyone,"

"Oh. Well, eh, I am a little bit. My jitters are gone since I met him,"

"Oh okay," she casually replied, before finally getting the idea. "Wait, what?"

I laughed before I summarized everything that happened earlier. The feeling of meeting him was still present as I described how handsome he looked in not only his suit, but just him in general. Even the feel of his big, but very gentle, hand still resonated on mine. After I got through explaining, her facial expression was priceless.

"Were you nervous?" she asked, lowly.

"I don't know how to explain it KC," I replied. "It was like, I was nervous, but at the same time I wasn't. I dunno."

"Well, you'll be able to meet him a second time today. So you shouldn't feel all that anxious now,"

"Feel anxious about what?" Will came over to our conversation.

"Imani met the King at her interview,"

"What?!" he yelled, before KC and I hushed him.

"Will," I urged. "You gotta keep it down."

"Why? It's not like its a bad thing for anyone else to know,"

"Yeah, but I don't want anyone else to know, okay?" I demanded. "Now do you wanna hear what happened or nah?"