The King Would Like To See You.

Imani

"Your highness!" I exclaimed

"Your highness!" I exclaimed. "I mean, T'Challa."

"How have you been Miss Imani?" he said my name, full of velvet and base.

"I've been good," I lied. "Just, uh, came to check on Mrs. Kani."

"Oh, so you got the internship?"

I breathed deeply. God, I'm fixing to look like a complete failure in front of him.

"I will, in the future,"

"Oh. I'm sorry to hear that,"

"No, don't be," I reassured. "That' just how it is in journalism."

"Well, its good to hear that you're keeping your head up," he smiled. "It's a cutthroat business, I've heard."

"You've heard correctly," I chuckled. "Um, if you don't mind me asking, what are you doing here?"

"I just came by for a last minute meeting before leaving off for my home country,"

"Oh. So you're leaving?"

"Yes. Apparently I'm needed back over there," he laughed.

"Naahhh, you're not," I sarcastically laughed along. "I'm pretty sure they can run things over there themselves."

"Oh really?" he played along.

"Yeah. Just protecting a whole nation of people and the world from intergalactic space aliens and what not," I laughed, as he did too. It did feel good to laugh it up with someone after the news I got from Mrs. Kani. I got to say that I'll miss talking with T'Challa, even though I've only had three conversations total with him.

Finally, the elevator reached the Lobby level. As it opened, I could see not only the front desk associate (and his soul-shattering glare), but I also saw the same ladies from yesterday. They were in two lines leading out the building door, where I also saw four black vehicles parked directly in front of the building as well.

Even though I know that T'Challa is a King, I tend to forget that he is a rather important figure in the world. Although, I don't know how important.

"Well T'Challa, it was nice knowing you," I smiled. "I wish I could talk with you some more, but both of us have things to get to."

"That we do," he gave a faint grin. "It was a pleasure as well, Imani."

I nodded, before slowly walking towards the door. Well, I guess good things don't always last forever. A very good thing that has happened to me was not only meeting the King, but getting to know that he has one of the best personalities I've ever known a person to have.

Get over it Imani. Move on, and get focused on your sh-t.

Sometimes I wish the voice in my head would just shut the f-ck up sometimes.

As I walked outside to my car, my mind started racing a thousand miles per hour. How was I going to tell my Aunt and Uncle about this? Could Anderson help me out and give me some advice on scoring jobs? Are KC and Will going to roast or support me about this? Or do both?

"Ms. Adu!" I heard an accented voice call out. It wasn't his however, but one of his bodyguards.

"Yes?" I approached her, midway.

"The King would like to see you," she announced. "Right now."