The Pride of Africa.

Imani

"Are you sure that you have everything?"

"Auntie, for the third time I do,"

"I still don't know about this,"

"Daniel, please," my Aunt sighed. "This is her life and her career. Let her pursue it,"

"Does she have to overseas? We just got her back,"

I heard the crack in his voice, which prompted me to give him a tight hug. This is always the hardest part about living out your life - leaving those closest to you.

"Uncle Dan, you're making me cry," I sniffed, chuckled. "You know I'll come back to visit."

"You better," I heard him chuckle. "You're gonna be in some foreign, African country that we know nothing about."

"Daniel," Auntie chastised him.

"No Aunt Ann, I understand. To be honest, I'll be taking a risk until I get there. Then I'll see if it's really worth it,

"Well, I'm pretty sure it is since you're going off," she smiled. "Daniel, you're messing up her blouse."

"It's okay," I pulled back. "It'll dry soon."

"So, where is this King that you've been telling us about?" Uncle Daniel asked, after calming down.

"Um, he said that a car would show up at, oh, right now,"

The three of us looked to find a black SUV pull into the driveway. It was sleek and shiny, as if it just got out of the car wash. The shine was so bright that even the moonlight bounced off of it.

"Oh my," I heard my Auntie gasp. "How much you think that costs Daniel?"

"Have no idea," he shrugged. "It's a beauty though."

I nodded, in agreement. "It sure is,"

Soon, the passenger door opened, and a woman who looked like one of T'Challa's bodyguards stepped out. She looked rather elegant in her all black pencil, knee-length dress and her head was shaved completely bald. Honestly, her and the other bodyguards were the only people I've seen who could pull off a shaved head so beautifully.

Not to mention, her smooth, dark-brown skin was breathtaking.

"Imani Adu?" she spoke, with her Wakandan-accented voice.

"Yes?" I answered.

"My name is Okoye. I'll be your guide for this evening,"

"Oh, um thank you," I could barely talk.

"Is that all of your luggage? If so, I can load it in the vehicle now,"

"Oh, yes. Thank you," I started gathering my bags, and handing it to her.

"No, don't worry. I got it," Uncle Daniel started. "Can't let a lady do something like that while a man is here."

"Uncle Dan," I whispered, as Okoye had all four bags one hand. "Really?"

"That's her job Daniel," Auntie laughed. "Let her do it."

"I'm just saying!" he exasperated.

"Oh lawd Uncle," I chuckled, before giving him one final hug. "I'm gonna miss you guys."

"We'll miss you two Imani," he responded, letting go. "You're a grown woman, and we know you can handle your own."

"I know that," I said, sarcastically.