➳chapter six➳

Finn's point of view

I felt kind of bad.

I hadn't talked to Jack in a week, and it didn't seem as if he was too eager to be near me either.

But don't be mistaken, I only felt bad for myself. Because that only left me with two weeks to win the bet and get my money.

I saw him hanging out with his friends everyday, the losers or whatever, and I did my thing. I pretended that I didn't watch him every second of every day, observing his happiness and attitude and how much fun he had with those people.

Nobody had mentioned the bet to me, silently hoping I would have forgotten about it so that they could save their wallets. But they knew better than to think I'd give up such a good fuck.

I knew that I stared at him once a day, at the very least, weather at his gorgeous face or his ass or high tight jeans that seemed to get more form fitting each day. But I always caught myself.

Except for the day he caught me.

I was staring at his eyes in particular that day, which was weird, cause I'm more of an ass or lips guy, but his eyes. They stunned me, which I never let happen. I would have had to stop myself from describing them as gorgeous because, for the millionth time, I am not like that.

He slammed his locker shut, flinching when he heard the loud bang that he hadn't meant to make. He made his way over to me, not bothering to say a word before he dragged me off to the bathroom, sitting in our corner.

I stood near the stalls awkwardly, not knowing what our purpose here was. Was he going to yell at me? Hit me? Cry?

"Sit down, asshat," he laughed instead, so I sat down.

"What's up?" He asked, as if we had been talking to each other merely a few hours ago. "You've been staring at me for the past week but you haven't been talking to me."

I felt the need to come up with an excuse instead of telling him the truth like I usually would have. "I didn't know whether you wanted me to come near you after the kiss."

He sighed, leaning his head against the cool tiles of the high school bathroom. "If I'm going to be your friend, that either has to be a one time or a permanent thing. A relationship thing. And I've heard how you are, and no matter how much faith I have in you, I still have my doubts."

I rested my head on his shoulder to really sell my part. It's not like I hadn't done it hundreds of times before to hundreds of hearts. It's not like I didn't break each and every single one of those hearts. Jack was nothing new, nothing special. "If you want it to be a thing it can be a thing, I told you that, Jack."

"And you won't break my heart?"

"No."

The word felt sour rolling off my tongue. It was almost as if I didn't like the fact that I was lying and I was in fact going to break his heart before the month was up, and I had never had a problem with that before. The empty promise usually slipped out of my mouth as easy as my own name could.

It was silent for a moment. I knew he was thinking things over in that small body of his.

"Let me take you on a date," I continued, finally looking at him. "I'll show you I'm serious."

I did the same thing for everyone. I took them out to some nice restaurant, I mentioned the fact that my parents weren't home, and dropped them off at home if they weren't interested. If I was lucky enough to get someone on the first date, I broke their heart the next day. If I wasn't, I had to take them out on a second date. It never surpassed two. Easy.