➳chapter thirteen➳

Last chapter ;) death warning?

Jack's point of view

Ow, what the fuck?

A bright light hit my eyes as I regained my consciousness. My head pounded and my eyes felt weird, like they were so close to being swollen shut. I laid on a hard bed in a small room. A curtain surrounded me, and that was the exact moment I knew I was in the deepest shit I could possibly ever be in.

Fuck, it didn't work.

I forced myself to sit up, ignoring the shooting pain that went up my left wrist. A nurse stood in the corner writing something on a clipboard. I sat for a few moments wondering how to get his attention, deciding that dropping an awkward cough would suffice.

"Hello, Jack. How are you feeling?"

"Dead."

His face dropped. "Not funny."

I looked at him in confusion before realizing why I was even in a hospital in the first place. "Oh my god, I didn't mean it like that. You're right, not funny."

He looked at me for a second before turning around and walking out, coming back with the doctor. "He's up, when can he leave?"

Wow, how humble of you.

The doctor glared and dismissed the nurse before sitting at the foot of my bed. "It's none of his business, sorry about that. Now, how are you feeling Jack?"

I sighed, laying back on the uncomfortable bed. "I feel fine. Just have a headache. How long have I been here?"

The doctor laughed, "You are one of the least dramatic patients I've ever met. You, honestly, didn't lose a lot of blood but you passed out. Probably from just the sight of it."

I nodded along with her. Like, I didn't actually want to kill myself, you know? I was angry at myself, not even Finn, so I wanted to inflict some sort of pain upon myself. I know it wasn't my fault, but did I really care? Probably not.

Her face dropped suddenly. "You have a lot of people out there. They're all worried sick. We told them that you'll be okay but one boy keeps asking about you. Says he wants his boyfriend to be okay."

My eyes widened and I sat up quickly despite the pain that shot through my tired body. "A boy with black curly hair?"

She nodded confusedly. My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach and I shook my head vigorously. I suddenly felt like crying all over again. "No. Get him out of here. I don't want him here."

She looked lost but frantic as she nodded and walked out into the hallway. She stopped right outside the door, and I strained my ears to listen. I still couldn't hear anything.

The door opened back up again and I quickly returned to my reclined position. My mom practically ran in with a tear stained face, grabbing me and kissing my forehead over and over again. "Don't you dare do that again!" She sobbed. She gripped me tight and I hugged her back, resisting the urge to cry with her. "Don't you ever fucking dare!"

"I-I'm sorry Mom-"

"I don't care! You scared me half to death! You scared everyone!" She yelled, pulling away from me. She shoved me over so that she could lay next to me. Her face softened and her temporary anger disappeared. I cried into her chest. "Just-just don't do that," she sighed. "You're my baby. My only son. I never want to lose you."

My father came up on my other side and stroked my hair. "I'm so glad you're okay, kiddo. We love you so much, and we wish you would have talked to us about anything that was going on."