➳chapter ten➳

"What was that all about?" Talia asked, staring at the waiter with a look of disgust as he walked away.

I stared at the slip of paper for a moment before crumbling it up and throwing it at Reylynn's face. "I don't know, but I'm not about that cheating life."

"Well, good for you, baby Jack, but let's get back to when we're going to meet this oh so glorious boyfriend of yours," Rey cut in, throwing the paper back at me. It sailed over my head and landed in another table's drink.

"I told you, Saturday. My birthday . Pool party. And no, it is not some elaborate scheme to get in my pants."

"Okay," they looked unsure, but I ignored their suspicion.

Friday rolled around quick and easy. I barely saw Finn during those days in between, he was either doing homework or helping a teacher grade tests early in the morning.

I waited in the bathroom every day though, and he'd be able to pop in for a minute or two to give me a kiss and tell me he'd text me later. It was enough.

He walked in at a regular time on Friday, plopping down next to me and laying his head on my shoulder. He hadn't done that in a while.

"Finally, I have time off, princess. I'm so glad to see you," he whined, sounding exhausted.

"You okay, ratboy?" I asked, craning my neck to look at him. "You sound tired."

He thought about his response. "Yeah, just...uh...was up studying more."

"Right."

It was silent for a moment. "So are you excited for your party tomorrow?"

I nodded, smiling softly and grabbing his hand. Although I never really liked birthdays and found no point in celebrating mine, I loved the fact that Finn wanted to put in the effort to throw me one at his house.

He was on the road to winning the best boyfriend ever award, at least in my eyes.

"I am. Thank you so much for wanting to spend it with me, you're probably the best boyfriend ever at this point," I leaned down, pecking him on the lips.

He smiled at me, but it looked off. I blamed it on his exhaustion. "Yep. So, we haven't talked much recently, got any juicy drama?"

"You know me, always have that nice tea to spill," I winked, leaning my head atop of his. I thought about it for a moment. "Oh! I was at a restaurant the other day and this waiter dude just...gave me his number. I threw it out though, I'd never cheat on you."

He sat up rapidly, facing me. It always seemed that this ended up happening one way or another. "What? Do you remember his number? I'm gonna beat someone up."

I pushed his shoulder lazily, a relax smile on my lips. "Chill out. He probably didn't mean no harm. But it was a pretty weird number, 201-666-6666."

His face turned paler and a choking sound emerged from his throat. I gave him a weird look. "Something wrong?"

"Huh?" His eye's seemed to focus. "Right. Number. No, nothing's wrong at all."

"Uh, okay...I gotta get to class, ratboy. I'll see you later," I kissed him before standing up. He didn't seem to eager to kiss back.

Finn's point of view

Oh, everything was so wrong.

My mind wandered to the night before. Beads of sweat ran down Lucas's chest as he moved on top of me, real moans clashing against my fake ones as they hit the atmosphere.