➳chapter twelve➳

Jack's point of view

The morning was cold, which was unlike the usual weather of this time of year. The clouds outside had turned an ominous gray that contrasted the light of yesterday, but still no rain poured out. The room was dark because of this, and I woke up alone in Finn's bed. It couldn't have been any later than 6:30.

A dull ache began to throb in my legs and pound at my temples, which was partly due to the constant dull buzz from a phone near my head. I rolled over, assuming it was mine. It already sat unlocked, nearly blinding me when I picked it up. My tired state prevented me from realizing it wasn't my phone until I had already read through half of two text conversations.

Me: I fucked him, can I have my money now?

Sillie Sink: motherfuck

Foah Schnapple: darn. Okay. Monday.

Sillie Bobby Brown: ugh

Sillie Bobby Brown: did you kick him out yet?

Gayten: yeah what's his name? Jake?

Me: Jack

Me: and no I gotta wait until he wakes up

Me: didn't I tell you my cold dead heart always wins?

Another message popped up at the top of the screen. I stupidly clicked on it.

Lucas 😬: hey baby! I wanna see you again! Text me back ;)

My clothes were scattered around the floor and the only thing to warm up my shivering body was Finn's thin blanket. My blood boiled and anger bubbled in the pit of my stomach. I heard footsteps emerging from the direction of the bathroom, and I stood up and scrambled to get my clothes on.

"Woah, princess, you're leaving so early? It's only 6:45."

I couldn't convey my feelings in words. I shook my head and chucked his phone at him, hitting him square in the chest and falling onto the finished wood floor and, hopefully, shattering.

I can't believe you trusted him. I can't believe you thought he changed. I can't believe he was your first everything. I can't believe you. I can't believe you.

"B-baby, what's wrong?" He asked, taking shaky steps towards me.

"You! Y-y-you're what's wrong! I was all just a b-b-bet t-to you!" I couldn't help but stutter, and I knew that if I didn't leave soon I'd start to cry and I didn't want to give Finn that satisfaction. "You only wanted to f-f-fuck me! You were never going to stay!"

"What are you talking about? Of course I'm going to stay."

"I read your fucking texts!"

His eyes widened,"N-no, you weren't just a bet, you're not- no! D-don't go!" He pleaded, grabbing my hand as I made my way out of his bedroom door.

"I t-thought you loved me! Y-you said you loved me!" I started to cry, my anger replaced with sobs. "I t-thought I was g-g-good enough."

"You are! Let me explain, Jack, please," I yanked my hand away from his tight grip, making my way down the stairs.

"There's nothing to explain," my voice cracked. I let the tears stream out of my eyes, not caring whether he saw anymore. "I can't b-believe I fucking fell for you. You bet my fucking life so that you could get a p-pathetic amount of money. I feel bad for your other boyfriend, because only f-f-fools fall for you, Wolfhard. Go to hell."

"Jack, please, I d-didn't want to hurt you, I didn't mean it!"

"That's bullshit! If you didn't mean it you w-wouldn't have texted your friends all about how you fucked me! I'm not some fucking toy you can play with for a while and then throw away!"