CHAPTER 1

"Good morning, sunshine." Pierce mumbled into the crook of Cordelia's neck and placed a soft kiss there. She hummed happily and reached up to his face to lightly stroke his cheek. "Good morning, Pierce." She yawned and turned to her other side to face him. She opened her eyes and smiled. "How'd you sleep?" He asked her as he propped himself up on his elbow and moved her tangled mess of hair out of her face. "Good." She said and sighed through her nose.

"Your hair's everywhere." He chuckled as he continued trying to push her hair out of her face. Cordelia giggled. "Well ya. Of course it is." She said and sat up in bed. She had stolen one of Pierce's t-shirts two weeks ago and used it as pajamas. It went down to her knees so it covered what it had to cover.

She crawled out of the bed and out into the living room and into the kitchen. "Rise and shine, Dels. Time to eat food!" Michael's voice chimed as he, along with Kaden, was making breakfast.

About two weeks ago, at the Moon Goddess celebration, Michael had showed up and started talking to Cordelia. Then his eyes fell on Kaden as she walked up to them and both of them knew instantly that they were mates. It was fairly unheard of, of someone under eighteen finding their mate, but that doesn't mean it never happened. And Kaden would be turning eighteen soon anyways.

"Where's Pierce?" Kaden asked as she handed Cordelia a plate and started scooping eggs onto it. "In the room still." Cordelia yawned. Kaden giggled and wiggled her eyebrows. "Okay. Where is it?" She giggled more and she gave Cordelia bacon.

Cordelia gave her a weird look. "Where's what?" She asked as she munched on a piece of bacon. Kaden tapped the side of her neck where Michael had marked her. Cordelia shook her head no. "No where to be found on my body. That's where." Cordelia said and ate the other piece of bacon she was given.

Kaden deflated. "It's been a month. What's slowing you guys down?" Kaden asked. Cordelia shrugged. "What's the rush?" Cordelia huffed and grabbed a fork to down her eggs. Kaden shrugged as Cordelia finished her food and took Cordelia's plate. "It's just.. Michael and I mated. Oh by the way, next Saturday, we're having like a little ceremony or whatever. Just because."

Pierce walked in and wrapped his arms around Cordelia's waist and kissed the top of her head. "You're short." He chuckled. Cordelia flicked his arm. "Well ya. I'm 5'10". And you're like 7'2"." Cordelia huffed. "So compared to you, I'm short."

"I'm not 7'2". I'm only 6'11"." Pierce pouted. Cordelia rolled her eyes. "Close enough. That's only 3 inches off." Cordelia giggled and turned around in his arms to face him. "Kaden wants to know why we haven't mated yet." Cordelia told him. Pierce shrugged. "Don't know. Just no need to rush into it." Pierce said.

Cordelia turned her head to look at Kaden. "See? No rush." She said in a kid voice and set her head on Pierce's chest. Kaden dismissed them with a wave of her hand. "Ya, ya. Whatever. Big guy, come and eat before Michael eats your food." Kaden said.

Pierce let Cordelia go and grabbed a plate and some food. "There. I got food."  Pierce said and grabbed a fork. He gobbled down the food and set his plates in the sink before turning to look at Cordelia. "Want to do anything today?" He asked her. She shrugged. "I just want to lounge around today." She said and headed into the living room. Pierce shrugged. "Lounging around it is."