CHAPTER 5

"Okay. This is too boring." Cordelia huffed while she was laying on the couch, watching Pierce type away on his laptop. He paused and lightly smiled at her. "Well, I told you it would be boring, babe. I wasn't lying to you about that." He said and leaned back in his chair. Cordelia sighed and rolled off the couch and landed face first on the floor. "Ouch." She mumbled. Pierce couldn't help but chuckle. "Are you okay there, hun?" He asked and stood up and walked over to her.

She popped up to her feet. "Ya. I'm fine." She said. "We should go do something." She said and set her head on Pierce's chest. Pierce shrugged. "Like what?" He asked and wrapped his arms around her. Cordelia pulled her head back and poked Pierce's nose. "You're it." She giggled and wiggled free of his arms before running away.

Pierce rolled his eyes and smirked before chasing after her. "You can't catch me!" She laughed as she ran out the front door and changed into wolf before running away. Pierce also changed wolf and ran to catch her. They ran around the pack before Pierce launched himself and rolled around in the grass with Cordelia.

As they were rolling around they both changed back not human form, laughing. They finally stopped where Cordelia was on her back and Pierce was hovering over her. "That was fun." Cordelia laughed as she looked up at Pierce. Pierce smiled down at her. They both calmed down their laughing fits and just looked into each other's eyes.

Pierce felt so lucky to have someone like her come along in his life. In the last month he learned to love again and not be so stuck up about everything.

Cordelia smiled up at Pierce. He had come a long way, she thought. From being a mean, cruel person to someone who's finally able to be happy and not be mean and sad all the time. He still has his issues but so does Cordelia.

Pierce leaned down and lightly kissed Cordelia, cradling her cheek with one of his hands. They both closed their eyes and pressed their bodies together.

Cordelia gasped when she felt his lips move from hers and down her jaw and to her neck. "Pierce." She said quietly when he moved her hair out of the way.

She knew he wanted to mark her and she really wanted him to mark her. She kept her eyes closed, waiting for him to. But his lips moved away from her neck and were placed back on hers. She groaned into the kiss then lean back. "Why'd you not mark me?" She asked him as he sat up and helped her sit up. He shrugged. "No rush." He said.

Ya, she knew he was right. There really was no rush. It wasn't like anyone was going to steal them away from each other. But Cordelia still wanted to mate. She wanted everyone in a million mile radius to know she was Pierce Eldred's. Even if not everyone in that million mile radius knew who exactly he was.

"Ya." She sighed. They both stood up and brushed the grass off of them. She trudged back to the pack house. Even though she wasn't born and haven't lived her whole life in Pierce's pack, in the last month she had found her way around the pack. It was fairly easy. The main buildings were the pack house, which mainly everyone who had a title lived, except for Kaden who lived with Michael, and the hospital.

Pierce had told Cordelia that there was only a few people in his pack when it was created. It was his great, great, great, great grandfather and grandmother who started the pack. But his great, great, great aunt, had left the pack to hunt and found her mate in a neighboring pack and came back to the family with both him and 3 new pups. Triplets. Then eighteen years later, his great, great uncle, Pierce's great, great, great aunts only son, had the same fate. Met his mate while hunting. Then his 4-great grandfather had let rogues come in and accepted them, no matter what reason they left and their past. And eventually the pack grew way too large for just the pack house that his grandfather had built and so people had to make other houses to house the new people and pups. Cordelia found it a cool story even though it was a little bit confusing.

She entered the house and Cordelia was sitting on the love seat, reading. "Hey there." Genevieve said and closed her book. "Where'd you and Pierce run off to?" She asked Cordelia. "We played tag and he was about to mark me but stopped." She sighed and sat down on the floor in front of Genevieve. Genevieve shrugged. "Sorry. Don't know what to tell you."

Pierce walked in and walked over to Cordelia. "You left me out there, miss." He teased and kissed the top of her head. "Well you didn't mark me, sir." She huffed like a little kid and crossed her arms across her chest. "Well, I'm sorry." He said and played with her hair a little and straightened. "Why not just get it over with?" Genevieve asked Pierce and furrowed her eyebrows.

Pierce never really knew why he wanted to wait to mate. Maybe because he wanted to be able to control his temper more. To still give Cordelia a chance to break free from him before having to stay with him forever if he did mark and mate with her. And if his temper wasn't in check, and they mated, she wouldn't be able to leave him forever. He didn't want her to leave. He loved her. But he still had a really bad temper. Pierce shrugged. "I have a bad temper. Just don't want Cordelia to deal with it forever until I can keep it under control."

"I've kept up with it for a month now. What's another like 900 of them?" She asked in a joking way. But Pierce didn't find it funny. He seriously didn't want to be as mean and crappy to her as he had been.

Pierce waved dismissively. "Ya, ya. Whatever. I'm going to do more work." He said and walked back into his office.