CHAPTER 4

Cordelia slowly opened her eyes and yawned. She woke up off and on throughout the night after she had the nightmare. She couldn't remember what it was about, no matter how much she tried remembering.

Groggily slipping off Pierce's lap, Cordelia trudged into the living room. "Well, don't we look like crap." Kaden said and lightly tapped Cordelia's nose, causing her to contort her face to make herself look mean but just looked silly. "Well, I woke up in the middle of the night because of some stupid nightmare I don't even remember. And then every twenty minutes, I woke up and it took me just as long to fall back asleep."

Cordelia walked to the love seat and plopped down on it and groaned. "I'm so tired. I stayed up later than I like to because I was waiting for Pierce to get back. But fell asleep. It was like 10 or 11 I think when he got back home."

Pierce then walked in and yawned. He sat down on the couch. "Sup, big guy." Kaden said and patted Pierce on the shoulder. "Hey." He mumbled and ran a hand through his hair. He looked up at Cordelia. "Morning. Did you sleep okay?" He asked Cordelia. She shook her head no and yawned. "No. Not really." She sighed. "I'm sorry. I fell asleep after you did and stayed asleep. I thought you would stay asleep."

Cordelia shrugged. "It's fine." She yawned again and laid her head on the armrest of the seat. She closed your eyes and slowly fell back asleep. There was a knock on the door and it opened without anyone even going to it. "Good morning everyone! Seems like Delia is asleep." Michael chimed and wrapped his arms around Kaden. "Ya. She didn't sleep well. Kept waking up." Kaden said.

Pierce rubbed his hands over his face. He had a lot of stuff to do today. He needed to contact a pack about trading, he needed to send out a hunt group, and set up a meeting with the other alphas about stupid stuff. But he didn't want to do those things. Granted he wasn't part of the hunting group and the pack needed more food, but that meant he needed to interact with other people.

Pierce got up. "I gotta do stuff. I don't wanna do stuff. Ugh. Why is being alpha so hard?" He groaned and stomped into his office. "Stop acting like a five year old. You're 21." Kaden called after him. "Shut up!" He yelled from his office. Kaden and Michael giggled and looked back at Cordelia who was still fast asleep.

"Wonder what she's dreaming about." Michael wondered aloud. Kaden shrugged. "Don't know. Bet she's dreaming about Pierce's-" Michael covered her mouth and the last word was mumbled. "Let's not." He said flatly and removed his hand from her mouth. She pouted and looked up at him. "Fine." She huffed and wiggled out of his arms. "Want breakfast?" She asked him and entered the kitchen. "Naw, thanks. I ate with my ma this morning before coming over." Michael said. "Well, I'm starving. I came over before my mom woke up and haven't eaten yet."

Cordelia stretched out on the love seat in her sleep and groaned. Michael awed. "Why are you awing?" Kaden asked as she started to make food for herself and extra if Cordelia ever woke up and Pierce came back out. "She's trying to act cute in her sleep." Michael teased and entered the kitchen. "Need any help?" He asked Kaden as he leaned down and started kissing her neck. She waved him away. "Unless that means you remove yourself from the room and stop kissing my neck right now, then that would be very helpful. Thank you." Kaden huffed.

Michael deflated and pouted. "I still love you though." Kaden giggled and patted his face. "You'll be fine. I just need to focus on cooking right now. K? We can go do something later. Just the two of us." She offered. "K." Michael mumbled and exited the kitchen to walk into the living room and plop himself on the couch.

"That is a man eating couch." Cordelia mumbled and sat up in the love seat, rubbing her eyes. Michael moved around. "It's not eating me." He shrugged. "Maybe just because you're like 90 pounds." Michael laughed as he dodged a pillow that was thrown at his face by Cordelia. "I'll have you know I'm 145 pounds, sir." She huffed and stretched. "Where'd Pierce go?" She asked. "In his office."

Cordelia got up and walked over to his office only to see the door wide open and Pierce on the phone. He was talking about trading stuff.

Pierce looked up and waved. Cordelia smiled lightly and walked over to him and sat in his lap. Automatically, Pierce wrapped an arm around her waist and lightly pulled her close and she placed her head on his shoulder.

He said bye to whoever he was talking to and hung up. "Hey there. You left me this morning in bed." He said and poked Cordelia's nose. "Well. You were peaceful. I didn't want to disturb your peace." She giggled and cuddled into him. "You left me out in the living room though." She pouted. "I'm sorry. You fell asleep. I didn't want to disturb your peace." Pierce repeated.

Cordelia tapped Pierce's face with the palm of her hand. "What are you doing?" Pierce chuckled as he grabbed her wrist lightly and turned his face so he could kiss her palm. She shrugged. "Can't tap your face?" She asked. He shrugged. "Nope." He smirked. Cordelia pouted. "Okay." She sniffled and fake cried.

Pierce shook his head, chuckling, and kissed her palm one more time before letting her wrist go. She giggled and lightly tapped his cheek one more time before retracting her hand. "What's your plans today?" Pierce asked her. "Nothing other than disturbing you. Just for a little bit." She shrugged. Pierce nodded. "Okay. If that's what you wanna do. I'm going to be doing boring stuff."

Cordelia clapped her hands. "Let the boring stuff commence!"