CHAPTER 19

"Well, he isn't wrong." Genevieve said as she handed Cordelia a cup of tea. "He did kidnap you."

Cordelia sighed. "Well duh. I knew he did. But I never saw this as Stockholm syndrome. We're mates. Of course I'd love him." Cordelia said as she started sipping her tea. "You didn't have to if you didn't want to though. It's just your inner wolves who love each other. Pierce is still kind of an asshole." Genevieve said as she casually drank some tea. Cordelia giggled. "He is an asshole, I'll admit that. But he did change."

Just then, Cordelia and Genevieve heard a loud scream outside. Genevieve set her tea down and ran outside while Cordelia slowly set hers down and got up to walk outside. Her stomach had gotten slightly bigger to where it was a little tough to stand up from a sitting position but it wasn't bad.

A woman was laying on the ground, dead, while Kaden was kneeling next to the body. "What happened?" Genevieve asked. Kaden couldn't speak. She only pointed over to where two wolves were fighting. Cordelia recognized one easily. It was Pierce. He was standing in between the other wolf and the body, growling.

Cordelia walked over to Kaden. "What happened?" She asked Kaden. "I.. I was walking from Michael and I's house to my moms when I heard a scream. Luckily I was right here. The other wolf was above her. Then Pierce came and attacked the wolf."

Cordelia looked up at the wolf and Pierce. They were just growling at each other. But then the other wolf attacked Pierce. Cordelia heard a scream. But after a second, she realized it was her.

The wolf stopped attacking Pierce and ran away. "Pierce!" Cordelia yelled and ran over to him. Pierce was still in wolf form and was whimpering. He had a big bloody spot in the middle of his side. "No. No. It's going to be okay. Pierce." Cordelia started crying.

Pierce changed back into human form and he hissed at the pain in his side and fell on his back. "Oh, Pierce." Cordelia sniffled. The pack doctor came over to Pierce. He examined the wound on Pierce's side. "It's going to take a while for this to heal, but you'll be okay." The doctor told Pierce.

The doctor and a few others helped carry Pierce to the pack hospital. Cordelia tried leaving with them but Genevieve grabbed her. "I need to be with him." Cordelia cried and tried freeing herself. "You're already stressing out. It's not good for the babies. Going will just stress you out more." Genevieve told her. "But Pierce needs me." Cordelia said and freed herself before walking to the pack hospital.

Pierce was already wrapped in bandages. "Hey there." Pierce said and reached out to Cordelia. "That was stupid and reckless." She said and gave Pierce a kiss when she walked up to him. "I know. But that stupid wolf attacked her. I tried stoping him but I wasn't fast enough. I got to him after he attacked her. He tried attacking again but I got in the middle. Painful mistake. But I wanted to put my life out there instead of hers. But she's dead."

Cordelia and Pierce talked for awhile before Brian came in. "Luna? Everyone's outside and wanting you out there." He told Cordelia. Cordelia sighed and got up. "I'll be back." Cordelia told Pierce and walked outside with Brian.

When she got out there, she was bombarded with questions. Everyone wanted to know what either happened to the woman or what happened to Pierce and what was going to happen. Cordelia didn't know what to do.

After a few moments, she shushed everyone. "As far as I know, whoever attacked the woman, was an unknown werewolf. Neither Alpha Pierce nor I know who he or she is. The woman that was attacked is deceased and I am fairly sure that Alpha Pierce, just as I would want to have a funeral for her. And for the unknown werewolf, I'll have to consult with my mate to know how to further deal with this. But he his injured and isn't in the best condition right now to deal with something this serious. So in the mean time, I'll be talking to the Beta about it until Alpha Pierce is better. Please all go home and try to relax. We will have the pack army keep tighter security for the next couple of days or until we can find who they are."

Cordelia walked back into the hospital followed by Brian. "You took that well." He told her as they entered back into Pierce's room. "Yeah. I guess." She sighed. "It was the first time I actually spoke in front of a giant group." Cordelia said. Brian chuckled. "Well. That's a good first time then. I'll go talk to the pack army." Brian said and left.

Pierce faintly smiled up at Cordelia. "Hey." He said. She smiled back. "Hey there." Cordelia said. "How'd it go?" Pierce asked her. She shrugged. "It went okay. I kind of had to make a decision or two." Cordelia said. "Like what?" Pierce asked. "How we were gonna tighten security around here so no one else gets hurt. Brian and I are going to try to find out who did this."

Pierce tried sitting up but his side started to ache. "No. Don't sit up. You're body is still healing. It's not a small wound where it can heal in minutes. It's going to take a several hours to a few days, Pierce." Cordelia sighed. Pierce groaned. "But I wanna help." Pierce protested. Cordelia shook her head. "No. You're staying here, Pierce. Until you get better. Please get some rest. You need it." Cordelia told him and kissed his cheek. "Good night, Pierce."

She started to walk away but the bed squeaked. "I'm the alpha. I should help." Pierce said. "So I'm going to." He told her and tried moving but pain ran through him. "Pierce Christian Eldred. I won't ask you again." Cordelia said. "I'm fine." Pierce said and started to get out of the bed. But Cordelia walked over and basically pressed him back into the bed. "As someone who actually gives a crap about you, I want you to sit your butt here. I got this." Cordelia told him and started to leave. "You don't know what you're doing, though. You're only nineteen."

Cordelia froze in her tracks. "Well. You were only eleven when you became alpha. So how hard can it be?" She asked and left the hospital.