CHAPTER 3

At the end of the day, Pierce came back home and found Cordelia dead asleep on the love seat, wrapped in a blanket. He cocked his to one side, admiring the girl in front of him. Just a month ago, he was caught up in his own world. Only thinking of himself, hating the world and love, and wanting revenge for his parents dying. Now he's got a beautiful, young woman as his mate and let all the pain go. Granted they haven't mated yet, but, both her and him didn't think there should be any rush for it.

He walked over to her and gently picked her up. She made a light whimpering noise but Pierce shushed her and pet her hair before walking her into his bedroom and laying her on the bed. He stripped to nothing but his boxers and slipped into the bed.

Cordelia turned over and cuddled next to him and sighed. "Hey." She whispered. Pierce wrapped his arms around her. "Hey." He whispered back. "I have a question." She said and cuddled into him more. "Hm?" Pierce hummed. "Not really a question. More of... me saying something and asking for your opinion." She sighed. "Shoot." He sighed and closed his eyes.

"I've been thinking. Why exactly are we waiting to mate? It has been a month. Our relationship has gotten better." Cordelia said. Pierce opened his eyes again and looked down at her. "We talked about this. There's no rush." He told her. She huffed. "Okay." She sighed.

Cordelia turned around and pressed her back into his chest. "Cordelia." Pierce whispered. She shook her head no. "Don't even. It's fine. Just sleep. You had a long day." She said quietly and closed her eyes and fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.

Pierce snuggled against her and lightly pressed his lips against her neck. He inhaled her scent. Flowers, dust, and oranges. He liked that scent on her. He closed his eyes and tried falling asleep but couldn't seem to while Cordelia laid next to him, snoring away, dreaming about whatever she was dreaming.

There came a small whimper in front of him. Opening his eyes, he realized Cordelia turned back over and was cuddling as close as she could to him. She whimpered again and her bottom lip popped out and quivered. "Dels?" He whispered and lightly rubbed her arm. She sniffled and whimpered but she didn't wake up. "Dels. Come on. It's just a dream. Wake up." He cooed and tried shaking her to wake her up.

Cordelia turned onto her back and tears started to stream out of her closed eyes and down her cheeks. "Cordelia. Wake up." Pierce said a little louder, as he propped himself up on his elbow and shook her a little more. But she wouldn't wake up.

Pierce reached over her and turned the lamp on. Sitting up fully, he pulled her onto his lap and lightly rocked her. That was the only thing he could think of doing since she wasn't waking up. She mumbled in her sleep. Sounded something like a no to Pierce. "Come on, Dels. Wake up." There was worry in his voice and he shook her.

Cordelia jolted awake and looked around the room. She was visibly shaken and she sniffled. "Hey. Hey. You're okay. It was a dream." Pierce cooed and kissed the side of her head. She looked up at him and sniffled. "I'm right here. It's okay." He told her and pushed some hair behind her ear.

She sniffled one more time and laid her head on his shoulder. "Was it a scary nightmare?" Pierce asked her as she started to calm down. She nodded. "Okay. Well. Just try to fall back asleep. I'm right here if you need me." He whispered in her ear and lightly rocked her back and forth before she fell asleep again.

Pierce yawned, reached over and turned the light off before falling asleep with Cordelia on his lap.