-5 : Reasons

『 Marco's POV 』

" Even better, best friends " she giggled. " Wait, you really mean it ? " I said, shocked. " Of course ! " she chuckled. I smiled. I never been so happy before. I just found a new friend. No, BEST friend. Suddenly and unexpectedly, she hugged me. " First bestie hug ! " she exclaimed. Geez, she's so cheerful. I couldn't help it but smile and hug back. It just felt, well, perfect.

Not even a minute, Ms. Marcella came to our class. I pulled away from the hug. All students became silent suddenly. " Good morning class " she smiled. " Good morning Ms. Marcella " the whole class said. " So, today, as we know, we'll have some new students from Mr. Terry's class. So today, let's put our books away and get to know each other first " she said kindly. We played some games, well those games that teachers usually use to get their students know each other. And before the class ended, she informed something to the class. " Next time we meet, I will put you in pairs to decide a lab partner for the rest of the year " she said.

Riiinngggg

" Okay class, I think that's enough for today's class. Hope you all have a nice first day ! " she said cheerfully. Students started to walk out from the classroom. It was only me and Star left in the classroom. Yeah, we were planning to introduce me to Ms. Marcella, so I would get closer to Ms.Marcella. " Ms. Marcellaaa !! " Star exclaimed. " Well, isn't it this the only student who always waited for me " she giggled. " Who else then ? " Star joked. " Oh, and Marco, are you waiting for Star ? " Ms. Marcella asked me kindly. " Well uh ... I uh ... " I stuttered.

『 Star's POV 』

" Well uh ... I uh ... " Marco kept stuttering. Geez, he's that shy ? " Yep he's waiting for me " I said, helping him out. He just nodded. I gave Ms. Marcella a code to tell her that Marco is very shy. " Ah, I see " she smiled. " It's okay, Marco. You don't have to be shy or afraid " Ms. Marcella said kindly while patting Marco's shoulder. Marco just replied it with a nod. " He'll get used to it later. Trust me " I said. " So, what brings you here ? " Ms.Marcella asked. " So, Marco got bullied frequently. And he usually told Mr. Terry about it. Because Mr.Terry isn't here anymore, Marco is afraid that he won't have anyone to tell about it. So since he's my best friend, I want him to tell that things to you. Is that okay for you, Ms ? " I said.

" Well, of course ! " Ms. Marcella said kindly. " Wait really ?! " Marco said unbelievably. " You think ? " Ms. Marcella joked while smirking. " Well, thanks a lot, Ms.Marcella. That ... that means a lot for me " Marco smiled. " The pleasure is mine, sweetheart " Ms. Marcella said while giving Marco a side hug.

She placed her hands on Marco's and my shoulder as we went outside he classroom. " See you next meeting, Ms.Marcella ! " I said while waving to her. " So, what class are you in after this ? " I asked. " Ummm ... it's History " he said. " I guess we are in the same class again " I said. " Come on ! What are we waiting for ! " I said. I grabbed his hand and ran to our lockers. Mine is just two lockers away from Marco's. We quickly grabbed our History books and ran to the class. We weren't late, but as we sat on our chairs, Mr.Barret, our History teacher, came in. Well, History went nearly same as Chemistry. Just games and introductions and stuffs, so no studying. But, for the next meeting, we're going to start studying.

Riiinnnngggg !

Thank god it's finally recess. My stomach couldn't take this kind of torture anymore. " Are you coming ? " I asked Marco. " Oh yeah, sure ! Wait up ! " he said as he packed his books into his backpack. He quickly stood up from his seat and ran to me. " Okay, let's go ! " I said. I walked to the cafeteria with him while searching for Janna. Where is she ? Nah, maybe I'm just going to wait and seat here while eating my lunch with Marco sitting beside me. Awkward silence spreaded over me and Marco so I decided to start the conversation.

" So, you said that you got bullied frequently. Why though ? " I asked him. " Well, it's a long story. I dated Jackie Lynn Thomas back there. I didn't know what I did wrong, but suddenly she cheated on me with Oskar Greason. She started to spread rumors about me that weren't even true. The rumors went into Troy's, Tyler's and Jacob's ears I think, because they started to treat me badly " he said. I know he's about to tear up because of his cracking voice. Great, now I felt bad for him. " I'm sorry ! I didn't know that it would hurt you right in the feelings ! " I said, patting his shoulder. " It's okay. It's not your fault, after all. Maybe I'm just .... overreacting " he sighed. " You're not overreacting, Marco. I've been in the same situation before " I said as my memories with Tom flashed before my eyes. " It's okay. Just forget it. And don't worry because I'm here for you, no matter what " I said as I placed my hand over Marco's. " So, the Safe Kid just got a new girlfriend ? " a muscular voice said from behind me.

『 Marco's POV 』

" So, the Safe Kid just got a new girlfriend ? " a familiar voice said. I looked back. Troy, Tyler, and Jacob. " Wha- NO ! She's my bestfriend, you dumbass ! " I said. What did I just said ? Oh shit. " The only dumbass here, is YOU ! " Troy shouted as he pushed me to the ground. " Oh, and by the way, don't you ever hope for another bestfriend. Think about it, Diaz. She is Star Butterfly. One of the popular girls here ! She's going to throw you away tommorow after I told her about how nerdy, wimpy, and dumb you are ! " Tyler said. He's right. She's one of the popular girls at school. That's why I've heard that name before. At this point, I knew that in a few moment, I would start to tear up. Grow up Diaz ! But I couldn't stop my feelings from hurting my heart. Then, a girl with a familiar voice said suddenly. " Hey weirdos ! Leave him alone ! "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEYOOO !
Oh I love cliffhangers :) Torturing but interesting. Anyways, I should have updated this chapter last week, but because I have midterms, and it sucks, so I couldn't write. But luckily, I can publish it now ! YAY ! Welp, at least the smol beans are getting closer now EHEHEHEH. And can we please appreciate that how cute is Marco when he's sensitive :)
I'm really sorry if there are any grammatical errors. But still, don't forget to vote for it and if you have any ideas, comment it here or message me ! I will appreciate that so much ! I got nothing to say again, so toodles !
—nic🥀