-11 : Please Be Fine

『 Star's POV 』

" He ... had a car accident " I said. " Mom said he had a car accident when he came home from work. And mom said he ... " I said, holding my tears back. " He has a brain bleed " I whispered, letting my tears rolled down my cheeks. I couldn't loose my dad. He's the only one that supports me a lot.

Suddenly, Marco pulled me into a hug. I let myself cry on his shoulders as he tighten his hug. " It's okay, Star. He'll be okay " Marco said. His words calmed me down. He's right, dad will be find. He's the strongest person I know. I rested my head on Marco's shoulder and fell asleep.

**

" Star, wake up. We're here " Marco's whisper woke me up. I grabbed my things, paid the taxi, then hopped off and went inside the building with Marco. I quickly went to the reception. " What room is Mr.Butterfly ? " I asked the receptionist. " Hmm let me see ... AHA ! Room 537 " she said. I thanked her quickly and went straight to fifth floor.

" Excuse me, but can you tell me where's room 537 ? " I asked the nurse who was passing by. " Oh go straight, then go left until you find the number " the nurse said, pointing in certain directions. I thanked her and ran. As I went left, I could see my mom, waiting in front of a room. " Mom ! " I exclaimed as I ran to her and hugged her immediately.

" Glad you came, Star " mom said softly, caressing my hair. " Is dad okay ? " I asked her. " I don't know. Doctor Shepherd said the bleeding .. is pretty bad " she said as I let another tear rolled. " Can I see him ? Please " I sobbed. " Okay. Marco, do you want- " mom said as she was cut off by Marco. " Sure, Mrs.Butterfly " he said, gently intertwined his hand with mine.

Mom opened the door and I could feel that kind of smell hospitals usually have brushed through my face. I never liked it, and never will. It only hits you right into the nerves. I saw my dad lying on a bed and all I could do is cry. Dad has all those kinds of medical pipes on his body. I glanced at the beeping heart rate monitor. He's still alive.

" Dad ? It's me, Star " I whispered as I sat on the chair beside the bed. " Can you hear me ? I know you can " I sobbed. Silence. Marco was holding my shoulders, giving the 'don't worry' pressure on them.

" What happened, Dad ? You're usually careful when it comes to driving " I forced a smile even though I want to cry out loud. " Please be fine and we'll have fun again, like we used to " I cried, holding my dad's cold hand.

" You're the strongest person I know, dad. I know you could make it through this " I cried, holding my dad's hand closer to my chest. I couldn't loose my dad. Even if I have to, I should let him see me before he took his last breath, like we promised.

" Doctor Sheperd gave him a life support. That machine over there, will help dad to live. But, if we take that thing off dad's body, he'll die. Still, dad won't be conscious even though the machine still there " mom explained me. I couldn't let dad pass away, but I couldn't stand seeing dad like this. " He can't see me again ? " I asked hardly. " I'm afraid yes " mom said.

**

" Star, you should go home. It's almost midnight. I'll stay here. Tomorrow you can come here again " mom said. I wanted to stay a little longer, but I know mom wouldn't let me. " See you, Dad. Get well soon please, for me " I let go off his hands. " We should get going, Star " Marco held my hand. " Goodnight, Mrs.Butterfly " Marco said before leading me out the room. " Goodnight, Star. And you too,
Marco " my mom said before we left the room

『 Marco's POV 』

" Let's go Sta- " I said before I realized Star was crying really hard. I pulled her closer into a hug and let her cry on my shoulder. It made me sad seeing her like this. This is not the Star I used to know. She didn't deserve this. " I-I just can't l-loose h-him, Marco " she cried. I caressed her hair. " H-he means the w-world t-to m-me " she cried even worse. " Shh it's okay, Star. I know how it feels " I said, hugging her tightly.

" Come on, let's get you home " I said. We took a taxi again and went to her house. Her house is near the hospital, so it only took 10 minutes. " Bye Star " I said, waving. " Wait Marco ! " Star shouted before I walked away. " Can you please stay ? Just for today " she pleased. " Okay sure " I said, walking back to her house.

Her house was ... big. Like three times bigger than mine. " So, where should I- " I said before I was cut by Star. " In my room. There's an extra bed, don't worry " she said, leading me to her room. " Okay. Let me call my parents first " I said, dialling my mom's number.

" Hi mom. So, Star has gone through bad things today so can I stay at her house today ? You can drop my clothes if you want to " I said to my mom through the phone. " Sure you can. I'll drop your clothes tomorrow morning if that's okay ? " my mom answered. " No prob. Goodnight mom " I said. " So ? " Star asked me.

" Guess " I joked. " What if I guess it as a no ? " Star smirked. " Then I'll go then " I said before Star grabbed my hand. " Nonono ! I was joking ! " she said. " Fine fine. So where should I sleep ? " I said, trailing my eyes over her bedroom.

Star pulled something beneath her bed. " Here. My extra bed. Janna usually sleep here when we have sleepovers " she explained. " Wait a sec. I'm going to change " Star said before she went to the bathroom and locked the door while I laid on the bed.

Ten minutes later, she came out from the bathroom, wearing her blue unicorn onesie. I swear to god she's so cute wearing that. " Okay. Goodnight Marco ! " she said, pulling the covers over her. " Goodnight Star "

**

I woke up with a sound of screaming. I checked the time. It's 2 in the morning. I glanced at Star. She was shaking and crying. " Star ! Are you okay ?! " I asked, pulling her into a hug. " I.. I just had a nigthmare where.. I didn't only lost my dad.. but I lost you too. You left me suddenly because of... some stuffs t-that... " she cried on my shoulders. " Calm down. I'm here, and never going to leave you. Never will " I said, hugging her.

" Marco ? " Star said. " Yeah ? " I replied, still hugging her. " Can you just stay with me here ? Just in case I.. well.. you know.. " she said. " No problem. As long as you can sleep well " I said as I laid beside her, my arms around her waist, hugging her as she was like my teddy bear. " Buenas noches, mi Estrella " I whispered before I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEYAAA !
Welp that's a long and emotional chapter. So, things are getting a little bit intense here cause why not 😏
Anyways, sorry for the late updates back there. Basically I overslept so I forgot to update it 😂 But trust me, I'm going to set my alarm louder next time. Or maybe you can just vote and comment on my book so the notifications 'ding!' will fill my room and wake me up 😂
Anyways, Happy New Year ! I know it's a bit early but who cares it's like omly tomorrow lmao :v
Lastly, don't forget to vote for this chapter cause I will appreciate that so much. I've got nothing to say again so toodles !
—nic🥀