1.7

Ashton

Mr. Winston did everything he could to persuade me to stay in Utah. But I wasn't going to be away from Rene when her heart was probably torn in two. It didn't matter if we were together or not, she was still my world.

She ended up calling me the day after she found out about her father's passing. She didn't say hello or anything, she just cried and cried and cried until she fell asleep over the phone.

Luke and Moon put all the money their parents gave them into getting me a plane ticket on a different airline, that would leave tonight.

As I throw clothes into the suitcase Rene had let me borrow, I listen to Shianne tell Moon about her date with a boy named Harry. As they talked, I tried to think of every scenario that would occur when I showed up at Rene's front door step.

"Ashton, you okay?" Moon asks, interrupting Shianne for a second. I open my mouth to answer, but nothing comes out. Truthfully, I didn't know how to answer that question. All I could picture was how broken Rene is and how sad it must be in that house. 

I couldn't begin to imagine how torn apart her mom was. Madi would text me about Rene, telling me about the house environment and to mentally prepare. 

My main concern was how this would impact Rene in the long term. Her anxiety is above and beyond, she had finally gotten better about her stuttering and I could only predict how big this would set her back from all the progress she made. 

"Ash, are you okay?" Moon repeated and this time I found myself turning into a blubbering mess. I was farther from okay. Moon's arms wrap around me as I sob into her neck.

"I'm not fine at all," I choke out, my hands grasping her shirt. I could feel this weird knot in the pit of my stomach, my head felt clouded, and my body began to tremble. 

"Shianne! Grab that paper bag!" I hear Moon shout. I found it getting harder and harder to breathe. The air felt so thick that it seemed nearly impossible to inhale. 

Moon lets go of me, her and Shianne quickly position me to where my back was pressed against the wall. Shianne puts the paper bag against my mouth and I didn't know how fast I was breathing until I saw how fast the brown paper bag was moving. Exhaustion fills my bones as my breathing begins to slow down. 

After a few minutes of sitting in silence and letting me quietly gasp for air, Shianne cross over down to the ground and puts a hand on my shoulder, giving me a sympathetic smile. 

"Whatever happens, happens. She needs you and that's what matters," She tells me. I nod my head and quickly wipe my tear-filled eyes. 

...

Madi was right. Despite the pictures, artwork, and other decorations, the house felt empty. It was around twelve a.m. My plane landed over an hour ago. Calum and Madi picked me up and took me to my house so I could go for a quick shower and to see my mom. 

Thankfully, mom was up later so she could see me and made some macaroni and cheese when she figured out that Calum and Madi would accompany me. 

Madi let me inside the house. While I was going upstairs to see Rene, Calum and Madi remained downstairs. They were going to clean to take the stress off of Rene's, now widowed, mom. 

When I got to Rene's room, I saw glass shattered where her mirror once was. There was stuffed animals on the ground, candles from a special night we shared, on the ground, and a few holes in the wall. Tissues with mascara pooled around her bed, while her body was tangled in the blankets. 

I decide to take off my shirt and discard it to the floor before getting into bed with her. But as soon as the bed dipped down, her eyes fluttered open. She looked at me before sitting up. I wrap my arms around her and that's when she broke. 

I spent the entire night listening to Rene curse out God, sobbing hysterically, and in general falling apart. The little sleep I got on the plane, and the minimal sleep she got before I woke up was the only sleep we would get for nearly twenty-four hours. 

As dawn approached, I persuaded Rene to take a shower while Calum and I drove to the store to get coffee, creamer, and some bandages for Rene's knuckles. 

"How's Madi handling the situation?" I ask Calum. He takes a drink from the gas station coffee he bought, not wanting to wait to get caffeine into his body. 

"As good as she can. She's gone through this before, so she's kind of giving everyone pointers on how to handle it," I nod my head and grab a thing of coffee grounds, putting them into the small store basket I was carrying. 

Going back to Rene's house, I saw her mom was up, sitting across from a man in a military uniform. They were both filling out papers and when I walk into the kitchen, Rene's mom smiles at me and her face lights up when I hold up the coffee grounds. 

"God Bless your heart, Ashton," she says, getting up from the table. The serviceman looks at me before standing up and shaking my hand. My eyes shift from him back to Mrs. Archerson. She still had her engagement and wedding ring on her finger. Her bright blue eyes were drained, obviously blood shot from crying. I start to make coffee while silence lingers.

"So the funeral will be on Wednesday and the visitation on Tuesday." the serviceman says. Mrs. Archerson nods her head, taking in a sharp breath. The man gathers up the papers on the table him and Rene's mom were once sitting at. 

Before he exits the kitchen, he gives Mrs. Archerson a hug and apologizes for her loss. She mutters her gratitude and eventually he leaves. When she turns towards me, I quickly give her a hug. 

After having a five minute conversation with Rene's mom, I head upstairs and lay down on Rene's bed, waiting for her to come out of the shower. When she came into the room, she had a towel wrapped around her body and around her hair. 

"How are you feeling?" I ask, propping myself up on my elbows. She shrugs her shoulders and unravels the towel from her body. I want to look away out of respect but I can't myself stop looking at her. 

"You like what you see?" More than like, baby girl. I think to myself. I gulp and nod my head, feeling like what we were about to do was wrong. Rene unwraps the other towel for her head, letting her shoulder-length brown hair down. 

"I want you to make me feel good, daddy," she tells me. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. "I need you to make me forget." she inches closer to the bed and only moments later, her lips are on mine. I knew this was wrong, I knew I shouldn't do it because she was sad and wanted to forget about the pain she was feeling, but my fucking god. 

I shift the position we were in so I was on top of her naked body. She moaned out my name as my hands slid up and down her thighs. I pepper her neck with kisses, moving down the valley of her breast before sucking each nipple lightly, watching goosebumps rise to the surface of her skin. My lips continue down before coming into contact with her core.

Her back arches and she moans quietly, probably not wanting to give any hint to the people downstairs. 

I suck on her clit while tracing the alphabet with my tongue around her folds. Her hands tangle themselves into my hair, tugging on my roots. Putting my hands behind thighs, I lift her hips and continue to devour her as if she was my last meal. 

Her walls clench around my tongue and I feel her legs begin to shake. I quicken the speed of my tongue and that's when a list of profanities and my name come out of her mouth. I lap up the rest of her liquids, cleaning the remaining of her orgasm before swallowing. 

hi hello, so I have just gotten out of hurricane Irma and I was evacuated earlier from my hotel bc of the amount of damage it cost and all the power went out. but I have power now woot