Chapter 8 - Save Me

'Who's this? A dark haired, beautiful girl asked as Alex drove up to her on an isolated, dark street. I clung to Alex as he stopped the motorcycle.

I guess I was trying to make myself invisible. The girl leaned against the hood of her silver Bentley twisting a strand of straight hair on her finger. She looked to be in her early twenties.

'Diana, this is Alaina and Alaina this is my sister, Diana.' I smiled shyly at her and to my surprise she gladly returned it.

She straightened up and helped Ale put his bike into the garage of the house we stood in front of. As they did that, Michael's face came into my mind. What would he think?

I'm leaving him to get my freedom. Roger would probably claim him as his son and who knows what would happen to him.

The tears started coming as I imagined his body broken and bruised.

I just knew that I couldn't leave Dallas without him. He had stuck with me through everything and leaving him was how I was going to repay him?

No, I wouldn't.

I was going to get back Michael.

'Are you okay?' I felt someone put their arm on my shoulder. Alex was there, his eyes filled with concern. I sniffled and wiped my face.

'Alex, I can't leave here without Michael. I'm seriously in love with him and leaving him here alone would kill me.' I watched Alex's face. He smirked, clearly mad.  

'Fine, whatever. I'll tell Diana to make a trip to the hospital to go get your precious Michael.' He avoided my eyes as he led me to the car and settled me in the backseat. He took the front seat by his sister.

Alex whispered Diana the secret plans and she laughed by his noticeable jealous tone. I rolled my eyes. Sure, Alex was on the cuter side but he had nothing on Michael.

Michael was one of a kind, plus he had my heart.

'So, who's this kid we're picking up?' Diana asked. I answered before Alex answered for me.

'My boyfriend...' Diana looked at me through the rear-view mirror and decided not to ask any more questions. Alex just sulked in the front seat.

Once Diana has parked in the hospital lot, I jumped out and ran towards the entrance. I could hear Alex yell, 'Hurry up!' as I made my way in. I went up to the nurse at the front desk.  

'Can you tell which room Michael Green is staying in?' I asked politely. She nodded and tapped something into the computer.

'Sorry sweetie, you just missed him. He was checked out five minutes ago.' My whole body froze. My mind went blank then it filled with thoughts; then it went blank again. There was only one person who had the authority to check out a minor.

Roger was now Michael's legal guardian since his mother gave him up. I waited for the tears and sadness to come but all that came out was rage and anger.

My fists clenched together, I started thinking of different ways to murder Roger when the nurse at the desk called me back.

'Excuse me, are you Alaina?' I nodded yes, hope filling my heart.

'I almost forgot; Michael's father left this for you.' I said thank you as she handed me a sealed envelope. I took it with me as I went back to Diana's car. They were silent as I came in. Alex smiled mockingly. 

'So, where's Michael? Did he ditch you?' I looked up at him and glared with so much anger that he had to look away. I wasn't really mad at Alex. I was just mad period. I opened the envelope and inside was a CD disc. I held it carefully.