Dinner?

You glance over to Greg and smile timidly. "Well, that guy's a real know-it-all. Does he always do that?" You ask. Greg subtly nods. "Yeah, he's a real pain in the arse if you ask me. 'Deductions' is what he calls it. But, without him, I would probably not have my job." Greg looks up, smiling sheepishly. "I'm guessing that he does most of your work for you."

You sit up in the bed. Greg places his arm around you for support. "Yeah... he says that we're idiots and oblivious to the obvious. He's a cocky arse about it, too. Always has some sort of snarky comeback. He's a prideful, cocky arse. But brilliant. I will say that. Brilliant, but a major arse." Greg says, his eyes boring into your own. "Well, I have to admit, I can be a snotty arse, too. You just have to catch me in the right mood." Greg's chuckles fill the small room.

The sound of his chuckles makes your stomach leap. Butterflies flit around. You smile in adoration, whilst watching him with a loving look.

"I like you. How about dinner sometime?" Greg asks. Your eyes widen and your smile gets bigger. "Really?" You ask excitedly. "Yeah, sure." Greg says, chuckling at your child-like expression. "Okay, when and where? What time?" You ask. "Give me your number and I'll text you." Greg says.

You and Greg exchange numbers and talk until the door opens. "Miss (L/N) here's the discharge papers." The nurse roughly plods them onto a table next to your bed. "Thanks," you mutter nonchalantly. The nurse plasters on a fake smile. "No problem." Greg glares at her to which she grimaces.

You hand her the papers and begin to stand. Greg helps you up and walks you outside. He calls a cab for you, and helps you in. He then slides in behind you and shuts the door.

You tell the cab your address. You and Greg sit in silence the whole ride. The cab stops in front of your place. You and Greg hop out. "Well, (Y/N) make sure to lock your doors and windows. Call me if anything happens. Call me for... anything. I'll be here in a flash. By the way, I live there if you need something and I don't pick up." Greg points across the street. "Noted. Thanks so much for everything." You smile up at him. "No problem. I guess I'll see you around." You nod accordingly.

Greg crosses the street and watches as you unlock your door. He nods as you slip a hand up to him while closing your door.

Greg walks into his flat and slips his coat off. He lands on his sofa and sighs. "I know that (Y/N) is the one. This time, I know it. This time, I am not going to be careless. (Y/N) is the one." Greg says to himself. "I feel it. I know it."

A/N

Well, I am back. Hopefully, you didn't leave me. If you have any requests, comments, or improvements, do not hesitate to let me know.

Thanks to those who stuck around.
-Juju