Beginning to Plan a Wedding

You groan, throwing yourself at the couch. "Greg! This wedding planning is killing me!" He chuckles, looking up at you. "Do you want to take a break?" He asks. "Yes, please," you say. "Good. I'm starving, so let's grab some food and take a walk," he says.

You jump off of the couch and head to the coat rack, retrieving both your's and Greg's coats and the dog leash. You throw Greg's coat at him, then pull yours on. You hook the puppy to the leash. He chuckles at your eagerness. "Where do you want to go, sweetie?" Greg asks you. You bite your lip in thought. "How about some fish and chips? I haven't had that in a while," you say.

Greg quirks a smile. "Sounds good. Let's go," he says, grabbing your hand. You allow him to drag you outside, onto the dim, wet streets of London. The puppy barks at passing vehicles and people. Eventually, you come to a food truck that sells fish and chips.

Greg orders and pays for the food, then leads you to a bench covered in rain drops. He pulls his coat off and puts it down on the wet bench. Then, you sit down and Greg gives you your food. You smile gently, then watch him as he sits down as well.

"So, what have you planned so far?" He asks. You clear your throat of food, then turn to him.

"I ordered some invitations to fill out, I made a list of people to invite, and I am working on appointments for food tastings, cake tastings, and decorations, we still have to set a date for the wedding, and there's so much more," you say, munching on a chip.

Greg nods. "Should I call Sherlock? Or Mycroft? They know fancy stuff," Greg says. You snort. "Imagine that. Mycroft and Sherlock Holmes planning a wedding," you say. Greg chuckles. "Not my best idea," he says. "Mmm, nope. Not your best,"you say.

"I know what my best idea was, though, " he says. "And what was your best idea?" You ask him. Greg acts like he's thinking about it. "Allowing you to decide what we eat," he says. You playfully punch him. "Sure. Only you would say that," you say. He chuckles and wraps his arm around you.

"No, my best idea was to ask you out," Greg says. "My best idea was to say 'yes' when you asked me out," you say. Greg kisses your cheek. "You ready for that walk?" Greg asks. "I was born ready," you say.